Resdential vs commercial

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by marc cooke, Apr 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. marc cooke

marc cooke Newcomer

Pros and cons ?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

All depends what you call residential & commercial I suppose,

3. marc cooke

marc cooke Newcomer

I've do resdential for years with good prices. I've tryed to go in to commercial but every one think my price is high and alway get under cut . I set my boys £30 each of work iv been working it out the same for commercial but every ones cheaper

4. marc cooke

marc cooke Newcomer

£30 hour each so as a 2 £60 hour on resdential work small houses

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Commercial seems to be very cut throat as there are way too many that do it for next to nothing now.

6. marc cooke

marc cooke Newcomer

I turn up to day at a big house had me +2 other window cleaners there to quote her I said £75 to her it will take 1 1/2 hours work 2 man and she said she liked talking to me the most. But said they quoted her half the price it's madness she had 4 floors. There no way they can do that in under an hour + in the middle of no where travel time and there doing it 4 £30-£40. I take 3-4 small houses 10-12 each over that be done in half the time

7. TolishAPurd

I would have just walked away and left the other two to fight it out. I'm not in the business of competing for work, and I wouldnt like having my time wasted like that. :thumbsdown:

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

residential is higher standards , you have to be up to the mark . once you get your act together and have a polished act it feels good . doing commercial is a different ball game in my experience, i cant think of any advantage ,the prices have been pared to the bone over many years

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Thankfully where I am the commercial prices are still very high,

Mainly because it's all private offices etc,

But the main downside of commercial Is the long wait for payment, it can be really frustrating!

10. marc cooke

marc cooke Newcomer

Alright jack how long do u wait for money most of time. I would be ok with waiting I don't go collecting I wait for every one to pay me so I'm used to waiting.

Advertisement