Residential only a 6 weekly only?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Dundeeladdie, Jun 17, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dundeeladdie

Dundeeladdie Member

Hi Fellas.
    Just hoping to pick your brains.
    I'm thinking of only targeting residential customers when I start up. Is this a good idea?
    Also rather than offering 4, 6 and 8 weekly options, only offering 6 weekly to keep the rounds simple to arrange.
    Good idea or bad idea? What are the pros and cons of this idea?
    Thanks all.

Advertisement
  2. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

6 weeks sounds good, but if you just starting up, you will need a lot of custys? If you say four weeks and your a week or two late custys seem to be fine with that. I have 4 weekly custys and sometime get the feeling that they are surprised to see you so soon. I said to one today sorry for being late and they said not to worry about it. So I think 6 weeks is a good time schedule. All the best.:)

3. cheapncheerful

yeh i always say six weekly....but never is six weekly ..but no one says anything ...:)

4. TolishAPurd

If you say six weekly you'll still get people that want 4 weekly, and 8 weekly etc. You can stick to your guns on it but you could end up losing people. Swings and roundabouts though. Personally I always push for 4 weekly, and if people want anymore then that, they go down a little on the priority list as well as getting a higher price (more dirt, more dosh!), but they are still good to have for those quiet days.

As windowsurfer said, you'll need a lot of people to fill a month. But if you went to 4 weekly, you can always switch everyone to 6 weekly when your round gets fuller.

5. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

I started off 4 weekly. Built the round up and now I am 6 weekly!!!

6. sdrah

sdrah Guest

Ive got just under 200 houses - none of them is on a 4 weekly rota . I always do monthly or 6 weeks don't really like 8 weeks especially 12 weeks or more

7. sdrah

sdrah Guest

Monthly sounds a lot better then 4 weeks even if is almost the same

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I prefer to offer monthly cleans myself as I find it less constrictive than 4 weekly.

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i have a moto this is wat i say to my custmers its eather every time or every other time ie 6/7 or 12/14 weeks ive had some say can i have then done every 3rd time i allways say no as its to mch hassel jumping about here there an every blady were stick to ur guns thats wat i say then that deters the messers when i first started i used to wrk on a 5 weekly or 10 weekly but 5 weeks seemed to quick for most people:)

10. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I started 6 weekly, and now do most at 8 weekly. For me, there wasn't much of a difference between cleans at 6 week than at 8 weeks, and my particular customer base prefered 8 weekly, and it suited me. Though I also have an area that I cover 4 weekly.

For me, the 4 weekly, is cheaper terrace house cleans, and the others are either semis or detached houses.

Advertisement