Resin bound gravel drives?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Ben23, Oct 14, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ben23

Ben23 Member

Evening all, ive been offered a regular clean to a commercial property that's used resin bound gravel drive surfacing for their seating/outdoor areas, the companies that lay the drives claim it'll stand up to pressure cleaning however im certain they are thinking the domestic types, have any of you got any experiance with this type of surface? and if so is it a case of just putting it down to very low revs and going at it or should it be more of a chemical/ softwash approach?

Cheers for any help.

Ben

Advertisement
  2. jamiesmack

jamiesmack Active Member

Hi Ben. Eviestevie is your man here I think.

I had one of these to do and he recommended softwashing. it come up great to be honest.

3. Robe241

Robe241 Newcomer

Fsc, hypo and hypo again was advice I was given and it worked a treat.

4. Ben23

Ben23 Member

brilliant, cheers lads, although I do try to avoid hypo unless theres severe black lichen due to the problematic runoff, particularly as this ones a commercial job in a public area surrounded by shitted up ancient sandstone that I cant really affect without bringing down a world of hassle , also some sunken gardens close by that might not appreciate a bleaching, so with regard to the FSC, did you run it full power without any hassle or did you have to knock it right down? my machines 3000psi 21lpm if that makes any difference?

5. Robe241

Robe241 Newcomer

IMG_0971.JPG I'm running a 21 200 also so no problem and didn't go full bore. If you don't spray hypo everywhere, corden off and pre soak delicate areas should be ok??
    Leave to dwell for half hour then rinse off.

Although these idiots tore the tape down but luckily I was only hypo ing the other end and turned round to be faced with this!!!

6. Robe241

Robe241 Newcomer

7. Robe241

Robe241 Newcomer

8. Ben23

Ben23 Member

Cheers for that Robe, so you mind if I ask how you price commercial work as it's my first go at it (am insured etc)

Advertisement