Resin changing time

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by nearlyclean, May 13, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nearlyclean

Supplier

I use DI vessel to make my water pure,This week my TDS is at about 004 ppm not really high and you could carry on cleaning windows.
    Went and got a bag of Tulsion 115 resin and over the weekend going to replace the resin and start the week off with 000 ppm :D
    I let you know how I get on and take some photos
    And no I am not going to spread the old resin on my flower beds LOL being oil based its better to send it to landfill

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

A boring job but has to be done
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Don't throw your old resin away just yet - stick it in a bag somewhere.

Reason why: -

It is possible to regenerate your old resin, and use it again.

I have got all the bits together, but haven't got round to doing it yet - one of my to do jobs.

Hopefully will make a vid early June.

In the meantime, this link gives most of the info needed:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-09/nftt/index.php

They refer to Muriatic acid, this is also known as hydrochloric acid, and is available from a lot of small diy/ironmongers who sell Spirits of salt - also pretty much the same thing - just slightly diluted.

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

I saw a link to regenerating old resin a few months ago but didn't like the idea of messing about with chems and I only have to change about 6 months
    Also I think that is the difference between virgin bead resin and the cheaper stuff.

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Fair comment - I know it doesn't last as long, but it can be regenerated several times.

I suppose the old question about how many windows could I have cleaned while messing about with chemicals does come to mind - I think I just like to tinker & have little projectson the go.

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

Nothing wrong with that,if you can recycle resin that is good and if I had a few operatives working and having to change resin regular I would be regenerating the stuff too to save me money.

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Is tulsion really the best resin? only reason i ask is i have it and change my DI every two months and am not using that much water although my system is di only

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

I use the 115 which I think is the best,Have you tried running through 2 DI the first as a pre-filter second to polish this will make the resin last longer.

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ye I have used two from the start. I use tulsion 115 also

10. nearlyclean

Supplier

And it is only lasting a couple of months,let it go to about 010 ppm or even higher and you will get a little more time out of it and it wont make much difference for one clean

Advertisement