resin

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by scotty, Jan 23, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. scotty

scotty Guest

hi,,im new to wfp systems only had it month..
    i priced some resin up from brodex where i bought system and for 25.L premuim grade virgin polymer di ,,,its £85.00 + vat...
    do i need use there stuff ,if not what can i use and wheres best place,i have E-Compact 250DI system.
    thanks for any help

Advertisement
  2. simon

simon Guru

avoid brodex if you can mate, these are good & quick DAQUA its £75.50 for 25ltr of tulsion 115 delivered & its good stuff
    i tried to put a link in but it wont let us but google them

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Yep daqua is where I get mine.

4. scotty

scotty Guest

cheers,,thanks lot for help ill give them a go

5. James

James Guru

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TULSION-115-Polishing-Resin-MIXED-BED-DI-RESIN-WFP-/350453791246?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item5198ac7a0e

I get this stuff cheap in bulk, it's extremely effective!

James.

6. James

James Guru

If you contact them they will give you a good discount if you buy 2+

For example, 2nd bag £78, 3rd bad £75 etc, keeps declining.

James.

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Hey scotty, I am wfp only, and use di only for purification. I have tried most different brands of resin and to be honest, never really noticed any meaningful difference in performance, so i just get whichever 'virgin' resin is cheapest. I use either wintecs or cleaning spot, and although some on here dont have high opinions of cleaning spot, i have never had any problem with them. Windecs offer a free next day delivery for orders over £45 if ordere before 2pm, and their cheapest resin is dowex at £62.10 + VAT, cleaning spot has cedelite for £61.19 + VAT. Cleaning spot also has tulsion for £62.99 + VAT, but it is 111 not 115 (which apparently is better). As has been indicated by others here, brodex isnt the best. Their pole prices are good (pretty much the only thing they sell which is 'cheap'!), but they are poor quality (esp clamps), their service is terrible, and if you order something from them, be prepared to wait a fort***ht for it to be delivered!.

8. scotty

scotty Guest

cheers for that and i wont be ordering anything from brodex believe me.. when i was thinking about getting system they were on the phone every day,mythering me to death,,but soon as i bought it the sales team seemed to be busy all time hmmmm..so ill give 1 off these a go,,,
    another thick question,,,are the brush heads standard size so fit on most polls,cos was gonna get another small pole (25ft ish) for backup cos other pole i bought is a 45ft pole and to big for everyday use on normal size houses i think,,

cheers wfp newby

9. James

James Guru

Brodex would love this forum if they ever bothered to do their market research, epic lulz.

James.

10. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

As far as i am aware the brushes are a standard fitting scotty, but they dont actually go on your pole. You will have either an angled fitting, which can be adjusted through 180 degrees for optimum position, which is what i use, but you also get the 'goose neck' in various sizes, which can be handy for some akward to reach upstairs windows. The brushes themselves, get fitted to these, which in turn, are fitted to the pole. I use 2 poles (both brodex, ha!, but the small one came from cleaning spot!), a 34" fibreglass one, this can get me to a 3rd floor window, its starting to get a bit tired now so been thinking about a replacement. My other brush is a 9" aluminium one, its very handy as it has a good reach, is very light, and being 3 section, is very small when collapsed so handy for tight spaces!.

Advertisement