Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

dodgy emails h.m.r.c

WCF

Help Support WCF:

norm

got 3 emails today saying from h.m.r.c with attachments

without opening in email say you have paid too much......

havent open them think they are dodgy going to contact h.m.r.c tomorrow find out

be careful guys and gals

Definitely sounds dodgy, would have thought that h.m.r.c would write to you in letter form when regarding any under/over payment issues...? Your doing the right thing contacting them first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same I get it all the time norm not just that one but Royal Mail, parcel force it's all scams luckily I have apple so it wouldn't open the file, I also had one saying customer complaint please see file attached!

DO NOT OPEN THEM AT ALL !

they are zip files that they send

Yeah I get them all the time mate just delete them and if you can report it but to be fair there's not much they can do by reporting it

first time self assesment so am green:rolleyes:

checked h.m.r.c website and says they wont tell by email if ya paid too much tax doh

guess one click on those bad boys would ruin ya day and ya wallet

I had 2 dodgy phone calls today from 08456032775, one ring and cut off both times. A quick google of the number says it's from HSBC. I don't even have an account with them.

i had same email from hmrc and had a few over the years, i rang them once and the man said that the wont/dont send out emails about over payments so its 100% a scam, i also had the same once neil said about about a complaint with a file attached. had the crime prevention agency scam that iv heard others mention on here contact me last week as well for the 1st time ...... erm no thanks

I overpaid once & got a letter from them. No email. The only email I get off them is when I pay online & get a email telling me its all gone through.

yep me had them too .....i be very careful and don't open anything but sorry got caught by this one ..well it was just after i signed up for self assessment..they did seem to know.:mad:....however overnight my few remaining brains cells did not trust it and i scanned my computer to find a keylogger trojan....scared the life out of me.....now just going to open this one called scandinavian wifes....:devil:

Back