Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ice ice ice!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Charlie@AquaClear

Hi everyone,

This is my first year using wfp in the cold weather. Went to use the poles at mid day and the whole system was iced up. Parked in the sun and heaters in the back which sorted it in n hour or so. How can I prevent this again ? Does anyone use a heater all night to keep temp above freezing? I have a separate heavy duty battery which powers the pumps which I could use for a heater.

Any help would be much appreciated [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've also found on windy sub zero days, that exposed metal components sometimes Freeze up when in use. I.e. Brass Jets and 'Y' and 'T' hose joiners on brushes. I currently use JG connections and plastic jets.

best bet is to get a hot system and have it on surcleate that way pipes wont freezee or get a emershion heater in ur tank it will keep ur van warm all day as tank will act like a big radator

do what i do, 5L of IPA saved especially for hoses and pumps. every evening just suck that 5L up and you're sorted.

or for £60 buy an inverter and a tubular heater and run that off the aux battery that runs your pumps. this battery charges when you drive so you are safe.

Back