Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Restriced flow solved - anyone had this?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bart90

Last couple of days been noticing a reduced flow on my usual pole & backpack.  Not enough to really bug me but noted it and thought that I maybe should get a few spares for it ready in case the battery or pump are  on the way out.  Today, trickling out. Switched to my other pole and the clamp snapped on that one. By this point I was nearly done anyway so went home and dismantled the pole.  Took the univalve off and could hear something in it. When i shook it a tiny stone popped out!  No idea how the little fella got up there but that's certainly a new one for me.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we have all experience this at some point. In the old days before the Univalve and Aquadaptor, we used a tap at the end of the pole hose. We sometimes got a tiny stone or bit a grit blocking one of the jets at the brush head. Haven't had that for years now though.

Last couple of days been noticing a reduced flow on my usual pole & backpack.  Not enough to really bug me but noted it and thought that I maybe should get a few spares for it ready in case the battery or pump are  on the way out.  Today, trickling out. Switched to my other pole and the clamp snapped on that one. By this point I was nearly done anyway so went home and dismantled the pole.  Took the univalve off and could hear something in it. When i shook it a tiny stone popped out!  No idea how the little fella got up there but that's certainly a new one for me.  
With backpack systems some of them are made in bulk and stored in warehouses in China and some but not all sealed lead acid batteries cheap and nasty and do not work as intended.

Also some backpacks have a bottom tank pick up with a plastic gauze screen to prevent debris from entering the diaphragm pump, check if yours has one and it's clear.

A poor or dying pump can also lead to water delivery issues such as flow and a common part to fail if used with other liquids such as pure water.

Some flow control circuits can be prone to moisture and damp making them degrade after time and again a common part to replace.

Check your wfp jets for blockages and clean them regularly by reverse flushing and keeping a few needles or pieces of wire in the van to clean them.

You can strip down a UniValve and clean them as illustrated in a new video by Darren Ansbro of DA Components 

All of the above are common fault finding steps used when dealing with backpacks or trolley systems 

Last edited by a moderator:
5 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

With backpack systems some of them are made in bulk and stored in warehouses in China and some but not all sealed lead acid batteries cheap and nasty and do not work as intended.

Also some backpacks have a bottom tank pick up with a plastic gauze screen to prevent debris from entering the diaphragm pump, check if yours has one and it's clear.

A poor or dying pump can also lead to water delivery issues such as flow and a common part to fail if used with other liquids such as pure water.

Some flow control circuits can be prone to moisture and damp making them degrade after time and again a common part to replace.

Check your wfp jets for blockages and clean them regularly by reverse flushing and keeping a few needles or pieces of wire in the van to clean them.

You can strip down a UniValve and clean them as illustrated in a new video by Darren Ansbro of DA Components 

That's useful info, thanks!  Was wondering if the univalve could be dismantled if my shaking didn't get it out.

Back