Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water tds readings

RealKidJoker

I purchased a TDS meter yesterday and the TDS reading from my tap water came out at 67. I presume I could just use a DI to produce pure water and cut out the need for a RO?

Yes with such a low TDs no point in an ro. My TDs is only 42 I just use a small di tank on my trolley system.

I purchased a TDS meter yesterday and the TDS reading from my tap water came out at 67. I presume I could just use a DI to produce pure water and cut out the need for a RO?
yeah, I reckon so.

I'm pretty sure my tap tds is well over 200 and my R/O takes it down to 30 something and at 67 ur nearly there. I probs wouldn't bother with a ro to go from 67-30 but you will get through vessel resin quicker which is quite expensive.

long term would pay to get an RO to save on this

II'm not so sure with a TDs as low as 60 odd, would it not be more hassle than its worth getting an ro.
yes, it is more hassle for sure.

I'd probably not bother as well, but I know when my RO filters need replacing I go through resin a whole lot quicker and @£80 a bag it becomes expensive.

its a close call I spose, like I say I'd probs not bother

I've got a 1000l IBC tank in an insulated shed and the plan is to store harvested rainwater in this and run it through a DI vessel as often as possible. Just checking incase there's an emergency and tap water would be needed.

I hate you, my tap is around 460...... /emoticons/tongue.png
Do you actually drink the stuff? /emoticons/sad.png Yorkshire water. One of the best in UK. (60)No messing cleaning kettle etc. When I was younger. I worked in Telford. I couldn't drink the stuff. Even cooking with the stuff tastes odd

Do you actually drink the stuff? /emoticons/sad.png Yorkshire water. One of the best in UK. (60)No messing cleaning kettle etc. When I was younger. I worked in Telford. I couldn't drink the stuff. Even cooking with the stuff tastes odd
No way, never drink it lol, we buy mineral water.

Back