Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tecbuk has its pros and cons n so do other brushes /emoticons/smile.png it depends what suits u /emoticons/smile.png
So I guess I should just buy one. These Tecbuk threads are driving me crazy. Who should I believe? I guess I could believe myself if I had one to try out. I do love my Gardiner DT brush. haha

Hey mike, I never got to trial it, I could have, but I didn't want to wait, get the brush for 2 days then to have to send it on again.. So I just bought my own.. No regrets

So I guess I should just buy one. These Tecbuk threads are driving me crazy. Who should I believe? I guess I could believe myself if I had one to try out. I do love my Gardiner DT brush. haha
Mike take it easy; it’s not a question of belief, there are plenty of impartial reviews and comments by window cleaners on this forum.

Everyone who has used the Tecbuk brushes and gave an honest review or comment had something positive to say, even the die hard Gardiner’s brush users. The brushes are fast, and meant to be used that way, as a window cleaner myself I know its all about increased earning potential when your at work.

As for quality, I can tell you Tecbuk brushes have a 100% record since there release in 2010; if you do end up buying a Tecbuk brush it won’t fall apart & the brush attachments i.e. Scraper Head and the SideTrack pivoting head will last you years. (Both attachments can to screwed onto other suitable makes of brush).

Richard

I have trialed it mike and it was a pleasure to use you will not be dissapointed .As soon as I can im going to be ordering one .
agree! I have mine already recommend to anyone

Mike when your ready to order, consider the shipping weight (& size) and if you need any other things that are more expensive in your neck of the wood, but are cheaper in the UK I can always make the parcel up to the weight limit.

Richard

Hi Richard, I've read that you say it's the fastest window cleaning brush, do you have a video to demonstrate this? Do you rinse on the glass with it? I suppose im just scared to be too quick and do a rubbish job

Richard,

Can you rinse on the glass with the hogs hair hybrid brush?

Would you recommend the hybrid brush for people using a backpack set up and trying to conserve water?

Mike, Richard can answer better but I trialed the brush and yes I rinsed on the glass. I used my diy pressure pump and I have to conserve water as harvest rain, just tried rinsing on glass with 1 house and yes it worked well.

Richard,Can you rinse on the glass with the hogs hair hybrid brush?

Would you recommend the hybrid brush for people using a backpack set up and trying to conserve water?
Thanks Dodger,

Mike you should be able to rinse with any brush as long as it’s clean!

Absorbent bristles can start to retain dirt (water) as soon as they are used, so it’s at your own discretion and the current condition of the brush.

Personally I only rinse about 30 % of my regular customer’s windows; this is using a 100% Polyester monofilament, which is a non-absorbent monofilament. I often use 2 different types of brushes each day, or even sometime 3-4 different brushes, depending on the work that day.

It is possible to be more conservative with water when cleaning, but it is usually at the expense of the overall cleaning time. Saying that if you are really efficient and you’re cleaning method is good; you could well use less water and still be fast. But beside the speed or time to clean, you will always need a certain amount of water to remove a certain amount of dirt; a small stubborn marks/dirt on the glass can use as much water as a whole pane of glass.

Trying to conserve water? Maybe you have out grown that wfp system.

Richard

Hi Richard' date=' I've read that you say it's the fastest window cleaning brush, do you have a video to demonstrate this? Do you rinse on the glass with it? I suppose im just scared to be too quick and do a rubbish job[/quote']
LMWC, Tecbuk brushes are very easy to use, they will glide over the glass and remove dirt, bird strikes can be removed with very little applied pressure. The brushes give full coverage on the glass when they spread (splay), the cleaning footprint is very efficient when compared to other brushes; so they can be used fast – this is up to you.

You’re cleaning method, type of pole and water flow rate as well as selecting the most suitable brush all play a part if you want to speed up, just being mindful of each window frame as you approach it to clean will save a lot of time – do you really need to clean the top of the window frame every time? Or even every frame on a particular job? Etc

Speed up and ‘speak to your customer’ ask them how the windows look are they happy, start off with just a few customers to begin and ask them are there windows cleaned to high standard, all the time refine your cleaning method and speed up. 1st priority is the glass, 2nd priority is the window frame. Take it from there. Your job is to maintain them both do it as quick as possible and earn as much as you can.

Good luck mate.

Richard

Mike' date=' Richard can answer better but I trialed the brush and yes I rinsed on the glass. I used my diy pressure pump and I have to conserve water as harvest rain, just tried rinsing on glass with 1 house and yes it worked well.[/quote']Dodger

Richard talks about using lots of water when you use his 100% hogs hair brush. I like to use very little water. Would the monofilament bristles around the perimeter of the hybrid brush help the performance of the brush with less water being used? Bottom line .... I like my Gardiner Dual Trim better than my 100% hogs hair brush because it's so easy to use. It doesn't scrub as well on filthy glass. So I'm looking for something that's the best of both worlds. I guess I have to see for myself but it doesn't hurt to ask for other peoples opinion, right?

Hey Richard: What do you think? /emoticons/smile.png

Mike, the only way to know is to try the brush; but it looks like a Hybrid Brush does make sense with your longer frequency of cleans, and would be a good brush to have as part of your kit.

If you do or don’t buy my brush, I still would recommend using two brushes where necessary on longer cleans anyway, a 1st clean brush 100% absorbent monofilament, like a Nylon filament or Boars hair brush.

Use this brush to remove most of the dirt, (your not trying to get the windows perfectly clean, so you can work very fast) then go over with a ‘clean’ brush - non-absorbent filament, Polyester, - to get a spot free finish, again you can work quicker as the windows/glass will almost be clean; much quicker than only using one brush for certain work, I work this way often as it can cut the cleaning time by half.

Richard

Back