Retiring

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Apr 14, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Looks like I might be retiring as still can't find a decent reliable size van within my price range :D

Advertisement
  2. Joshua D

Joshua D Active Member

Where did you say you lived again? lol
    Get down the auctions thats where I got mine I couldnt find anything decent for less then £1800

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would prefer to stay well clear of auctions to be honest as you can't even test drive them so can end up with a bag of shite.

4. Joshua D

Joshua D Active Member

Thats very true. The way I played it at the auction was dont spend to much and leave myself enough to do any repairs that need doing. Definitely take someone who knows about cars/vans as you can usually spot anything major while it runs through. You can have a very big visual inspection some auctions let you pop the bonnet and sit in the driving seats and some offer you a chance to test drive it. Mine needs servicing and brakes but it can wait a few weeks :).
    I lost £100 deposit that was a bag of shite and just left it lol as you give £100... upfront then and the rest after youve test drove it. Would prefer to have the £100 but I took a chance and it wasn't a good one :(.
    Ive had 3 vans and 1 car from an auction only one van was a bag of shite the rest needed servicing and new coil packs or something stupidly cheap to sort dodgy running. I put the one that was a bag of shite back through the auction and lost £20.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I use to buy and sell cars many moons ago as a hobby. I use to buy from one auction and sell the dogs back through another knowing at that particular auction private punters got carried away with bidding. Most traders will put dogs into public auctions that they want to get shot.

The best ones to buy quality motors are from closed auctions which are only open to the motor trade so jo public is not allowed to go. They are generally nearly new low mileage fleet disposals were most traders get there used stock from.

6. Joshua D

Joshua D Active Member

Sounds like I need to get to one of them auctions :). I got that car some idiot pushed the price up so I pushed the price up on the car he wanted :), Next time I need a vehicle Ill get my friend to get me into a trade auction :p.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Motor trade closed auctions use to be very hard to get into as you had to be an established business. I only went to them as I also worked for a large garage at the time as they use to spend around £300,000 a visit buying stock to replace the motors that they had sold.:D

8. norm

norm Grand Master

dont do it :eek:

9. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Are you prepared to travel for a van smurf or just buy local to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

wats ur bugit smurf? dispatch /experts/scudos can b picked up cheep on van trader also try gumtree ot e.bay £1500 should get u a half decent van i payed that for mine with 150k on the clock

Advertisement