Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial quote

I was going to say that would most likely be a sunday job so you got screwed on that one methinks :rolleyes:

Hi-viz jkt = £30 ish

Hard hat = £10 ish

Less any other expences like travel, genny fuel etc that job in real terms is worth a lot less.

But as long as you are happy that all that matters I suppose as long as you don't get fooked around with them paying you.

I suggested the weekend just cos it's nice not having people around. Turns out they have tree surgeons in the next two Saturdays so a sunday it is. High vis vest £3 hard hat £4 at toolsation. There don't seem to be any health and safety hoops to jump through though on this one. I think the girl might be new!

I like doing them sort of jobs on a sunday

Nice and quiet

I used to do a big blockbusters round here for about 8 years before they went bust

Always a sunday morning

My choice not theirs but could get there after brekkie do the outsides

The guy would turn up make a coffee for us both

Then we'd have a rollie outside and i would do inside before any custys turned up

And i could still have a lie in

In this weather you want to treat youself to a nice warm hi-viz bomber jacket and trousers also a decent hard hat too.:thumbsup:

I have a good ho viz bomber from when i was stock controller in a chilled warehouse

Lovely and warm but can't peel the logo off the back as embroidered not stuck on

I want one like my polo shirts

I have plenty of winter weather gear just needs jazzing up with a cheap high vis vest :cool:

Hard hats are surprisingly cheap since they are supposed to save your life. "low to moderate risk environments" I think that'll do for gutter cleaning. It's all for red tape anyway with this type of work.

Money wise smurf it's a bit of an experiment into commercial work. The quote was accepted within the hour so i'm probably cheap. Good to know for next time!

There are one or two kicking about in my house too but I can’t wear them as they will think I'm a bloody paramedic :laugh:

I have a good ho viz bomber from when i was stock controller in a chilled warehouseLovely and warm but can't peel the logo off the back as embroidered not stuck on

I want one like my polo shirts

Hi Rascal,

Congrats on getting the job /emoticons/smile.png Just a quick reminder, if you usually only work on residential properties you may not be covered for work on commercial buildings with your insurance. Might be worth giving them a call to let them know beforehand - last thing you'd want is a claim come in and your policy to be void /emoticons/smile.png

Good luck with the job!

Latest Posts

Back