Returning to Window Cleaning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by marc74, May 25, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. marc74

marc74 Guest

Hi, I'm Marc

I've joined the forum as I am thinking of starting out in Window Cleaning again.

I worked for a company back in 2004 but that didn't work out, so I branched out alone. My round was gradually buidling, but due to a spell of depression I gave it up.

I am now in a position where I can start out on a part time basis and see how it goes.

I have a question - Not being able to afford a WFP as yet, are there many traditional cleaners left?

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

Marc

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

I think the ratio of traditional cleaners is a lot higher than WFP and most of us still do trad when needed.No problem with using ladders as long as your safe and use ladder stay or ladder stop,there is plenty of advice on using ladders on the HSE site.Consider building up your customer base and then aim to go WFP at a later time,You can build a system for around 500 pound and I put some information in another thread on the forum
    All the best

3. marcus

marcus Guest

Good luck Mark!

Where are you based and what is your target area?

4. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Hi Marc,

Good to hear your plans, and that you have re-gained your love of the window.

Hope all goes well for you.

Dave

5. Hi Marc
    There are loads of traditionalists still out there, far more than there are WFP cleaners.
    Good luck, I hope it works out for you this time.

6. Mr Glass

Mr Glass Guest

Hi marc , you will find that you will pick up work as lots like the old way.

Advertisement