Reverse Osmosis Flush

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by garry, Apr 14, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. garry

garry Member

is flushing your system really necessary n if i dont do it what happens n if water tds still reading ok surely water is still ok? i do once a week for 45 mins is that ok or are 3 times a week for shorter periods better? does it really matter if i only do it say once per month for a few hour as travellin to my other setup at another house is a pain

Advertisement
  2. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

How long is a piece of string?

Depends on how often you run it.

It will extend the life of the membrane.

I unhook from di vessel and run on produce to cut tds creep every time i use it so the resin lasts longer, then flush it once per week properly.

3. garry

garry Member

my reverse osmosis is constanlty running

4. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

If you live in a hard water area then it is critical to flush your membrane to prevent fouling and scaling of the membrane. Any membrane that has been left idle for a day needs to be flushed for a couple of minutes before running through your di resin.

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

our RO flushes itself for about 5 minutes using the booster pump each time you turn in on,

Advertisement