REVERSE OSMOSIS OR DI VESSEL?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paddy, May 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paddy

paddy Active Member

hi all, firstly a massive thanks to all you chaps on here for some brill advice and help, it's a brill forum man!
    At the moment I've a DI VESSEL, no reverse osmosis .I bumped into a WFP window cleaner who's been cleaning 10 yr with wfp. I told him my tds reading was 72 ppm and he said I should have a REVERSE OSMOSIS set up! What do you chaps think?

Advertisement
  2. Alien Human

#2 Alien Human, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    The overall thoughts are that if your ppm is low (as yours is) then RO is the best way forward as you will essentially not have to do too much & spend too much getting that water fully purified.......

Personally, although i have a ppm of 254, i like DI as I find it easy to understand, set up and use to get water purified.......although I am not a tree hugger I am also not too keen on potentially wasting water.

But, admittedly I have never used RO so can't comment too much on that side of it all :)

3. rafawindowcleaning

rafawindowcleaning Well-Known Member

now that is THE question really I have been thinking that myself lately. My ppm is hovering around 80-85 and have been on di only since the start in 2013 and at the beginning when I didnt have that many customers resin lasted ages but lately when I need about 1500l of pure a week it does go quite quickly (25l bag lasts maybe 4-5 weeks). If only somebody could tell me for sure BEFORE I buy an expensive RO how much will my water bill increase if I start with ro pure production as opposed to savings on resin then I might be able to make an informed choice. For the time being toying with an idea of buying second di vessel as this is cheap and having a look how that goes. Any advice appreciated guys

4. paddy

paddy Active Member

What is RM? I'm a complete newbie!
    With your tds reading being so high, do you use a lot of resin? Do you use a lot of water too? Soz for all the questions, I'm just trying to find my feet in the WFP world

5. Alien Human

Whoops......typo :RO

DI is expensive to buy although recently the price for it seem to have decreased compared to last year. 25k bag of Tulston down here costs £80 inc vat.

I don't use huge amounts of water bud. Got a big van but deliberately only have a 250l tank in as I like having lots of space, bit more easy on brakes e.g wear & tear on van and I still do quite a lot of trad on the bottoms. I have the pump on about 15-20 for most cleans and the tank easily lasts the whole day, sometimes 2.

6. paddy

paddy Active Member

Phew! I thought I had to look into RW as well , I'm confused enough lol

7. Alien Human

Alright Rafa - at the risk of sounding daft I can't picture what windies mean about buying a 2nd di vessel?

If you mean having both vessels filling the tank at once how would that work? :)

8. Alien Human

RW.....love how neither of us are able to type RO! ;)

9. paddy

paddy Active Member

I think you connect both vessels in a chain like scenario, so the water passes through both vessels then into your tank

10. I used to use use twin di.11 litre ones
    to run a run a twin..........
    use vessel one until needs to be changed (005) I change mine then, but that me or give a good shake lol
    connect vessel two after. so vessel1 run into it n vessel 2,and no 2 into my tank
    when vessel 2 reads 005,change the resin in vessel 1 and put after vessel 2,so ya crapper resin always first m goooood resin is after this
    I got cheesed off so bought a 25 litre resin vessel n just use that,i use a bag every 4 weeks,pure freedom always deliver on time for me here :)
    I use 1500 litre on a week n on silly season,soffit fascia gutters n conservatories,may to june around 2000 litre a week,not on a meter and all depends on your tap ppm.mine is around 250-275
    I aint got the patience for a ro to fill or justify wasting so much water
    but then again....that just me

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
Advertisement