reverse osmosis system

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by kyle, Mar 25, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kyle

kyle Newcomer

My purified water is trickling into tank and waste water is going at gd flow is this normal

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

What's the waste to pure ratio?

3. kyle

kyle Newcomer

I'm not sure how do I find that out I got total rubbish instructions and it wasn't for my 400gpd reverse osmosis system how long does it take u to fill tank mine is 300lite been filling 3 hour and not even a 3rd full

4. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

And have you got a TDS meter to check quality. You don't want to leave it running until your sure of your pure quality.
    Also what is your mains pressure like. The guage on the front should tell you that. The higher the pressure the better the pure to waste ratio will be and the quicker your tank will fill. That's my experience anyway

5. kyle

kyle Newcomer

Yes its 0 water pressure 25 not sure if gd or not its crazy seeing it just trickling out into tank that all the set up would be easy but be so stress full

6. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

As long as it produces enough for you to work with (350ltrs per day for one man minimum) I wouldn't worry too much Kyle. I certainly wouldn't worry unless you're on a water meter, in which case you want to get your waste to pure ratio as low as possible because you will notice it on your water bill.
    If your water pressure is 25psi that is quite low you might want to consider a booster pump. These ROs will seldom produce water at a rapid rate and waste output almost always looks alarmingly fast by comparison to the pure rate.
    To check your waste to pure ratio, get two measuring jugs and put the waste pipe in one and pure pipe in the other and time it for one minute. Then compare how much waste you have with pure. ie; 600ml waste and 200ml pure would = 3-1 waste to pure ratio etc.

7. Nick pegler DWC

Nick pegler DWC Active Member

I had the same problem with my ro system first then phoned up pure freedom and they advised me to add a bother pump and be great ever since.

8. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

As Marko says, as long as its purifying enough for you, that's all that matters. Mine is slow, but I leave it on overnight to fill my storage tank and don't bother with a booster pump

9. kyle

kyle Newcomer

10. Paddy McNally

Paddy McNally Member

Kyle if u space at home I fill 1000L oil tank on blocks about 5 foot off the ground in the garage and transfer to van takes about 10 min with no pump

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Advertisement