Reverse Osmosis water waste

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by jetwash, Feb 21, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jetwash

jetwash Guest

Hi, I would be interested to hear anyones experiences with their Reverse Osmosis systems. My system produces 1 L of pure water to 3 L of waste water. Has anybody got any tips on recycling the waste water or have had any good results from putting a tap on the waste pipe to slow down the amount of water going to waste.

Advertisement
  2. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

That seems a lot of waste mate - should be able to get it down to 50/50 or even 60/40 in favour of pure. If you reduce the waste your TDS readings after RO will rise

3. chip

chip Guru

i get 1 pure to 2 waste. a booster would likely improve the ratio, could try that, apparently adding another membrane can reduce it too, but may depemd how you rig it

4. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Yeah I got booster chip and get 50/50 ratio. With booster switched off I was getting 60/40 in favour of pure - so booster has increased waste but have valve on RO now so it's pretty much preset. Getting lower TDS readings now though :)

5. James

James Guru

Yes Jetwash I use a booster and it reduces the waste water very effectively. Recycling the waste water is useless as there's nothing you can do with it.

James.

6. chip

chip Guru

you can water plants with it, could put it through the membranes again but it would make them work a lot harder

7. James

James Guru

+1 for Watering the plants lmao!

James.

Advertisement