Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aqua -Dapter Spring

WCF

Help Support WCF:

vito61

Had my aqua-dapter for approx 6 months and the little spring at the top of unit broke today. Fortunately able to fix, but a bit of a pain. Anyone else had similar?

Not yet ,but my orange hose got a small split in it yesterday so when i order some tonight i think i will order a couple for when it does

is that the one on top or triger sring my triger spring broke munday ,ordered two but yestery day rang me to comfurm iv orered writ ones and if thats the ones i whont ther out of stock ,thay sade that userly u send em back for them to do dont think so ,pehraps its time to try fogys one on the brush

Had my aqua-dapter for approx 6 months and the little spring at the top of unit broke today. Fortunately able to fix, but a bit of a pain. Anyone else had similar?
My son also broke his today. I just carefully bend the last coil up vertically from just past 180 degrees from the break so it looks the same as the original although fractionally smaller. Worked for him all day. I had a spare spring at home so gave it to him and we will see how long this modified spring lasts.

Hi vito61,

This has been an ongoing concern, and if your unit is still under warranty, please contact us to discuss.

Additional spares are also available:

We have been speaking to the spring manufacturer to have our next batch of springs last for much longer.

Instructions for replacing the spring are here: http://blog.aqua-dap...ing-the-spring/

is that the one on top or triger sring my triger spring broke munday ,ordered two but yestery day rang me to comfurm iv orered writ ones and if thats the ones i whont ther out of stock ,thay sade that userly u send em back for them to do dont think so ,pehraps its time to try fogys one on the brush
Hi daley,

The reason these are usually returned to us for fitting is that the Aqua-dapter has to be disassembled and re-riveted for this spring to be replaced. If you have the correct rivets and tools and can do this yourself, that's fine. We have stock of these springs, but they aren't currently held at our normal despatch location, so there's a couple of days delay while we get them sent out.

Paul

/emoticons/biggrin.png :D yes i can do it cos in a fomer life i wos a fitter ,wagons vans cars plant in fact any thing thay used in civel engineing from tops of mountins to moterways in fact any thing any whear and no phoning a frend

fixed it tuk 10 minets finding rivets and wife 1 minet to get spring on finger cos my close up eyes ar not to good ,all good now ,i see that thayth removed the spring off web site ,if u carnt get the sping do as abuth and turn spring rownd so the bent bit is on the post

o yes they are , sory ,i think i may biy two of the mark twos for my outher poles as i dont use much 60ft and 40ft

Big thanks to Paul at Aqua-dapter. I got in touch with them and a new spring was received in post next day. Item was still in warranty /emoticons/biggrin.png

My son also broke his today. I just carefully bend the last coil up vertically from just past 180 degrees from the break so it looks the same as the original although fractionally smaller. Worked for him all day. I had a spare spring at home so gave it to him and we will see how long this modified spring lasts.
Update;

The 'repaired' spring lasted 3 weeks and then broke again. It broke on the other end this time though.

The point is that if you get caught with a broken spring and no spare, you can repair it and it should last long enough until a replacement is delivered.

Spruce

Update;

The 'repaired' spring lasted 3 weeks and then broke again. It broke on the other end this time though.

The point is that if you get caught with a broken spring and no spare, you can repair it and it should last long enough until a replacement is delivered.

Spruce
Update

My "repaired" spring went yesterday (26th aug). I fitted the replacement (foc from aqua-daptor) this morning.

Back