rip off

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by adrian5139, May 11, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adrian5139

adrian5139 Member

i dont know some window cleaners get a bad name for the rest of us, i was dropping off leaflets today when a lady came back from the shops, "how much do you charge "she said, i replied depends on how many you want doing lol anyway she showed me the place & it was 2 small windows to the front & 4 windows to the back with her insisting she does the door herself, frames are wood & knackered so i said just the glass £3 as its local & i want a foot in on this estate. £10 she was quoted & then he said ok for cash i will do it for £7, nearly choked on my coffee 10 quid for what took 5 minutes just hoping he has loads more around there as there is making a living & there is taking the p**s :angel:

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

I would never quote £3 for any job, Even it if was a single pain on each window, I would charge £5 for doing just the glass. If he is doing frames as well them I don't think that is that bad. A taxi driver would charge £5+ for driving her home from tescos, and she would prob tip him as well. Why would you drive out to her, clean her windows, then drive back to collect if you don't catch her in, for less. Cant see you lasting long if you don't charge a price that is fair to you.

3. adrian5139

adrian5139 Member

whats with you lot on here "cant see you lasting long, mate been doing it for years & was brought up to respect that money isnt everything, dont mind a laugh & a joke but when you come on here saying i wont last long that to me is getting personal, & if i wanted to be a taxi driver i wouldnt be cleaning windows, like i said im looking at the long term not get what i can & leave

4. AS Window Cleaning

AS Window Cleaning Active Member

pound a window, so not bad, esp if bit awkward, on its own. if does good job that's fine, nothing too wrong with that. £10 abit much, unless it's his minimum price. would never drop price for cash tho.

5. simon

simon Guru

are they all downstairs???

6. AS Window Cleaning

AS Window Cleaning Active Member

kind of missing point, lol.

not really rip off tho, many would agree tho that your going in too cheap and under cutting. esp as you want to get a foot hold in estate, not as if you have loads there already?

7. Ryan

Ryan Guest

iv got a min price of £5

i do 3 windows at a back of 1 house over a big canopy takes 10 mins but i said to the lady i'll do the house for £10 but shes loyal to the guy whos doing the rest lol

mad world but ya if your happy with £3 good work

iv got 2 flats i started doign for £4 each ! a window and it led to 5 other jobs at all in the same plce so worth it if u get a bit more work

8. adrian5139

adrian5139 Member

there i s 1 single upstairs front, one downstairs, then the back has 4 windows, no frames as they are wooden with paint peeling & done with wfp 5 minutes £3 & cup of coffee but it is a massive estate where i have been canvassing & i want to be seen around there with my van being signwritten, i mean bloody hell just trying to get more work. Oh yeah same estate another house bit bigger £8 monthly, guttering £50 & £30 garage roof one off so i think it was worthwhile whats that saying "out of little acorns etc"

9. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Yea might be expensive for what it is. But I do have a friend that has a £10 minimum charge, as he has loads of work & if someone wants him to drive all the way out to their house where he doesn't have any, he'd rather not do it. But if they really want him, it's £10 minimum charge. He's not ripping them off, he's a fair guy.

Each to their own I guess.

10. adrian5139

adrian5139 Member

yeah maybe rip off was the wrong ***le but couldnt think of anything else lol, what i am trying to say is that there is an element of window cleaners out for all they can get with no overheads etc charging what they want & they seem to make life hard for genuine people. This customer by the way is within walking distance of my house, but suppose we all work different & see things different dont we ?
    [hr]
    by the way Mr Windyman them gardiner poles are wicked so light to work with, comfortable to use thinking of moving one in & kicking the wife out lol, how you getting on with yours (poles that is not wife lol)

Advertisement