Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

anyone else quote on a sunday?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
As above i had a few enquirys during the end of the week but was busy. .been out an hour and a half and got £47 of new regular work and not interfered with my weeks work..pain in the arris going out on sunday but reckon it was worth it..have plenty of time to talk with custys rather than quick price and dash off

i quote by message , sure its not very friendly but thats life . if when i turn up its a tad bigger well i lose but same goes if i turn up and its smaller then i win. course i dont throw in a big conny for free now thats takin the michael.

talking of takin the mick, last week we arrived at a big mansion ,the owner rushed out, silly look on his face, "howsabout you all go to sleep in your van half an hour then start up"

i looked at him,bristling "you serious?" and if his reply had been , yes,yes thats what i want

id have said cmon lads lets go

however he saw my face, changed tack and said, nooo,go ahead

Perhaps it's the old man in me but Sundays are sacred to me.

The majority of my customers only work a 5 day week so to expect more from you is unreasonable in my opinion.

However canvassing on a Sunday can be highly productive.

I suggested sunday as it suited me but i wouldn't work on a sunday..

Sundays don't seem to be seen as they used to be

Remember the days when even the local newsagents was shut on a sunday afternoon?

Most shops weren't allowed to open

I just got back from 2hr of leaflet dropping myself... as long as its easy, on your terms, nice weather, you have nothing better to do and it doesn't take all day, then quoting/leafleting/working on a sunday is perfectly acceptable /emoticons/biggrin.png

Saturdays on the other hand hellllll no, I wouldn't work for triple, that's my fun day! :laugh:

Sudays is motorbike out with the lads. Zoom to bike cafe, fry up, zoom back. Over to pub for drinking and watching the football with the lads. Sod work

ive been working sundays on and off for the last year, new builds, sat / sun. too dusty when workers are on site mon / fri. i can now do them weekly as work has finished on one site.

I work the odd saturday, but just can't bring myself to work sundays any more. Quoting on a sunday would be even worse for me since I'm not getting paid afterwards for that. That said, we do what we got to do to push our rounds forward.

I did 3 window cleans and finished off a gutter clear this Saturday. I wouldn't try and fill every Saturday with regular work though. I use Saturdays for add on, access issue jobs etc. I'd quote on a Sunday if I thought it would be worth while. I've had an enquiry come through today for an S/F/G in an area that I don't advertise as covering on my website. It's a 3 bed semi, I can't see it being worth my while really.

I've stopped doing f/s/g jobs now unless it's really worth it

I am busy enough now that they interfere with my round unless i do them at weekends

Back