Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Result Ever But Could Be My Worst!

Gushysfella

Just got in from knocking on the doors in a private estate of 16 massive houses. First one said yes to a quote of 32 pounds, all large windows and 3 door patio door, thought was a little over priced but grate. On to the next same again 32 pounds! Turns out all house the same all said yes all 32 pounds each!! That's £512 every 5 weeks but here's my problem, I'm going to have to give my full time job in at this rate to fit them in with what I all ready got!!! How do I tell her in doors?

Lol thanks for the comments lads. It's a numbers game I planned to just start a small round I could do on my day off in the week, after work a few evenings in week and every other weekend over a 6 week rota. So on paper my books full. In 6 weeks I make 1500 pounds as a second job taxed heavily. So problem I got is, carry on the way things are going and go full time on the ladder self employed and build a round that pays me the same a week I'm on at work or just carry on part time? I can see a good living coming but just worried about taking the plunge! I'd be better off tax wise (yes I declare my windy job as a second income!!) but never been self employed before, what's your take lads is it really greener on the other side? GF

Take someone on part time? You won't make as much money but you'll be doing less. Definitely a numbers game!

If you are thinking about going into this game full time, you will need to weigh up how much more work you need to find to make up the shortfall in what you are earning in your full time job.

Have you got enough savings behind you to sustain you while you build up your run? Or can you keep on canvassing and build up enough work to equal, if not exceed, what you are earning?

Either way, in my humble opinion, nothing beats being your own boss. It seems to me as though you are doing great and won't take too long to get where you want to be.

John

Take the plunge,Never look back,ask your self are you going to regret if you dont?a favourite quote of mine is

“If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

You sound like you are doing well being as its a part time job ,just imagine what could happen if you did it full time

Just go for it. Been self employed just over 4 yrs.... never looked back. No annoying boss telling you what to do.... but its not easy. I know loads of people who think..... wish i was my own boss.... but in reality i think it only suits certain people. Its not all a bed of roses, but id rather take a jump than go and work for someone now..... and the major bonus is the harder you work the more YOU get rather than the harder you work the more you boss gets!

Do it!

Just go for it. Been self employed just over 4 yrs.... never looked back. No annoying boss telling you what to do.... but its not easy. I know loads of people who think..... wish i was my own boss.... but in reality i think it only suits certain people. Its not all a bed of roses, but id rather take a jump than go and work for someone now..... and the major bonus is the harder you work the more YOU get rather than the harder you work the more you boss gets!

Do it!

Do it!
true just gotta be commited... 100% dedicated and your in for a good ride /emoticons/wink.png

Thank you lads for the answers and support, I've took her indoors out for a slap up meal and talked about it, number crunched and we have put a plan together that we / I / she thinks will work! Going for it!! Thanks again all GF

Thank you lads for the answers and support, I've took her indoors out for a slap up meal and talked about it, number crunched and we have put a plan together that we / I / she thinks will work! Going for it!! Thanks again all GF
Good for you. It really helps when you have the full support from your nearest and dearest.

Best wishes,

John

Latest Posts

Back