Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oven Cleaner?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

shazzy692002

Being female I should know this.

But I need to clean a oven in about a 3-4 hour time scale. So no over night stuff. Any suggestions please?

I am also doing my 1st end of tenancy clean on Monday.

Any hints tips and products to buy will be gratefully received please???

i use mr muscle oven cleaner wrks a treet spray leave 4 half hour then rinse my oven is clean as a wissel now highley recermended :Image3:

Steam it if you have one, if not get to screwfix and buy no nonsense degreaser, spray on neat and wipe away no need to wait like mr muscle.

Steam it if you have one, if not get to screwfix and buy no nonsense degreaser, spray on neat and wipe away no need to wait like mr muscle.
r those steem cleaners any good was thinking of geting 1 a few weeks bk mainly to clean grout in the bathroom

Yeah I've got a Vax S5 and a karcher one, they get used all the time tbh, great for cleaning tiles and grout - a little noisy if they're on full chat though so I use ear plugs.

Yeah I've got a Vax S5 and a karcher one, they get used all the time tbh, great for cleaning tiles and grout - a little noisy if they're on full chat though so I use ear plugs.
sounds good m8 does the grout come pure wite again ??

Think I'm in the wrong job :Image16:

I got bored after 3 minutes haha

I don't have a steamer, maybe look into buying one tho. But as its my 1st tenancy clean, not sure if its worth my while. YET

The interesting part shazzy is how much they can earn as takes on average only 2 hours per clean.

I've been on other sites as that franchise doesn’t give any prices but I'm guessing would be expensive so found out the average price for a single over is £60 + £12 for a 4 ring gas or electric hobs.Bigger stuff is considerably more. Also white goods like fridges & frezzers from £15 upwards. Go figure. :Image16:

Clover Chemicals Vanquish

As its a gel you need to pour it onto the oven and smear it about with a brush or sponge. Wear glasses tho as this stuff is proper nasty on your fingers never mind risking getting it in your eyes.

Depending how bad it is, i would typically do that as the first thing through the door then go off and do other cleaning, come back to it an hour or so later. Scrub it with the usual steel wool and on the metal grills themselves, use fairy liquid or simiar. I find it using washing up liquid breaks the dirt down even more when scrubbing with the stainless scourers.

just to share my experience (inexperience ?!) - Had plenty of tenancy cleans over in the past 6 months and of course ovens - I only use Mr Muscle - it works far better then any other sprays etc I have tried .

Recently , I got fooled by a youtube video - and bought a karcher steam cleaner which costed me almost 700 quid - hoping it will take me less time to clean an oven however the steam cleaner doesn't do anything really if the oven is very bad .

Steam cleaner does a good job cleaning the extractor .

Latest Posts

Back