RO - Best any Opinions

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by terry2sheds, Apr 30, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. terry2sheds

terry2sheds Newcomer

I am thinking of buying a Merlin PRF RO 720 - system - Has anybody got an opinion - do they produce 700 gallons per day under normal 40 psi domestic pressure - or is it sales hype - I need about 1000 litres a day - has anybody got any views - feedback appreciated thanks Terry

Advertisement
  2. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I have been looking at these as well, the old version was terrible from what I can gather, but the new is supposed to be good, but hard to find any decent information.

3. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#3 spruce, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    A moderator on another forum has recently purchased one. Here was his 'review.'

Just finished installing my new R/O. It is a Pentair PRF-RO and is so easy-peasy that that even I can do it.

It's about 345TDS in and 004 out and the inlet pressure gauge now reads 65-70 psi on 1/2" tubing in and 3/8" tubing out. I get about 70 litres an hour of pure which is more than adequate.

The old RO-Man type (nominal 300gpd) started at about 009 out on 80 psi on 1/4" tubing and gave about 20 litres an hour of pure.

Now I would never have believed the efficiency of this new Merlin replacement as the previous ones were very inefficient. He's happy, although he does have higher than usual water pressure.

It will easily supply 1000 liters a day (24 hours).

Another cleaner in town has the old Merlin. As our water can be badly laden with sediment he has fitted a 10" inline sediment prefilter before r/o to prevent sediment blocking the carbon block prefilter.

This r/o has 3 chambers, the 1st is a carbon block filter and the other 2 are for the membranes.

4. blaze

blaze Member

no problem in producing 1000 litres per day at 40 psi

5. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

i,ve got r o from pure freedom I can produce 1000l in 6hrs easy to use
    the down side must be 3000l waste

6. terry2sheds

terry2sheds Newcomer

Thanks lads - i will go with that - Terry

7. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Funny you said that as soon as get back off hol I'm ordering a merlin prf for second van which lad will fill at his house
    Not sure if I'll run a booster and inline sediment filter
    Will see
    One thing I no the new merlin has got a good review off large window cleaner round my way says it's good

8. Alan Kirwan

Alan Kirwan Member

How much are your water bills when your filling up tanks using ego I always thought it cost loads each time the water bill comes

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

lucky duncs is,int on a meter

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Not on a meter either :balloondance:

Advertisement