RO Filter change

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by trevor peacock, Jan 29, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. trevor peacock

trevor peacock Active Member

How often should you change the pre filters and membrane?
    Do they look dirty, are there any indicators?
    I've looked around and there are a lot of different opinions, any advice appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I got told 3 months for pre filters, I reckon they could prob go a bit longer, depends on how much your pure your producing and your tap TDS.

R/O should be good for a few years if the tap pressure is good and the pre filters are maintained.

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

it is meant to go on how much water u put through them andthe tds blah blah blah but prefilters are cheap as chips and easy to replace every few months the ro 4040 membrane i flush nightly now and i havent even looked to change it in 4 years as water still comin out below 010ppm

4. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

A key indication that you filters need changing is when your pressure gauge drops you then know your filters are clogged.

Plenty of filters on the market but always ask for the specification as this will give you an idea how litres the filter can treat.

In some cases you may get more or less but totally depends what is in your water.

Due to this heavy rain people are changing their sediment filters a bit more regular as there is more sediment in the water at the moment.

Cheaper doesn't mean better value for money as if you worked out the cost per litre in the long run the well know brands like Pentair give you better value for your money.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

doug atkinson you talk of the 'pressure gauge' where does this fit in in line with the system?

6. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I have 2 gauges, one before the sediment and one after the carbon block. I can see when the sediment needs changing when the gauges are reading different pressures by a margin. I also have them in clear housings so I can also see the the muck on the sediment filter.

A carbon block lasts me 3 months but I often have to replace the sediment filter every month.

8. Gray

Gray Member

With my R/O from purefreedom, they said pre filters every 3 months and membranes every 12-18months

9. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I personally change the pre filters every 4 months and the membranes every 2 years

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ok and is there a guide as to what the pressure guage reading should be?

Advertisement