Ro flushing

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, Jun 5, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

Slowly but surely my pure coming out of the RO has been creeping up, its at 004 but when started using it it was 000. I flush it for 10 mins before and after use and have recently changed both pre filters.
    So rang the place where i got it today and he said i'm flushing too often and when i do flush i should use pure otherwise the membrane will get contaminated so gave it a go and it is back dow to producing 002 so will flush again this weekend then again midweek and hopefully i will get it back to 000
    Here's a pic of how i plumbed it up
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

The bikes plate :thumbsup:

3. keir

keir Guru

Haha trust you to spot that :laugh:

4. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

dont understand flushing with pure, i was advised to flush before use for 30 mins (pure freedom) sometimes I flush for longer

5. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

Is this flush before every use? I only ask because I haven't had my 450gpd long and flushed using "normal" water for 1 hour prior to the first use. After that I have used another 3/4 times and have not flushed at all, hasn't made any difference to the TDS (still coming out at around 5ppm).

6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

Iwas advised to flush every use sure it was for 30 mins

7. keir

keir Guru

Dunno duncs make sense to me, pure cleans the windows etc why not the membrane

What he said made sense really, if you flush with tap water then whatever tds your water is then thats as clean your membrane will cleanup to
    He also said flush-wise, its a myth to flush for ages before and after producing pure, he reckons that you should flush for a minute before and after and use pure once a week or two for 15-20 mins.

He really does know his stuff this lad so i will try it, especially as he is the lad who supplied me with all my gear apart from poles and brushes

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

let us know how you get on Keir

9. keir

keir Guru

Will do duncs, just flushed it again today couldn't believe my eyes.......i caught the first water that came through the ro, its was 059 then immediately dropped to 000 so it is storing high tds water in the housings/filter.
    So i think every time i finish filling the ibc i will blast pure through for a minute

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

gd idea
    never flushed after use

Advertisement