Ro Hose Leakage Help Needed.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Masons, Aug 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Masons

Masons Guru

I've just started using my RO System again following the hike in my water ppm.

I'm having a leak though on a section of hose and am hoping you can help me find a solution.

I'm using normal garden hose from a tap to pump water TO my system, but on it's way I have to convert the hose size as the pictures will show.

Because of the water pressure I'm experiencing a LOT of leakage from inside the connection of water. I'ts pushing the connectors apart and this is the problem.

I'll show the pics and you tell me what I need to do/buy/ fix.

Thanks in advance WCF team!!!

2012-08-09 10.20.33.jpg 2012-08-09 10.20.38.jpg

Advertisement
  2. Masons

Masons Guru

The water as i said is gushing from inside the connection, if there's another connection or way round this I'd be very happy indeed.

3. Masons

Masons Guru

HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!!

4. chip

chip Guru

Might not be much help, but I'd try taking the hose lock end off and shoving the hose over your reducer (dip it in boiling water to help) and put some good jubilee clips over it. Think I did that on my hose reel and it never leaked, not till the spindle bust at least, and it wasn't that bit anyhow!

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

6. mark m

mark m Hero

i use o clips they are great ,slip them over the pipe and with side pliers squeeze hard

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-11-TO-13MM-O-CLIPS-2-EAR-CLAMPS-PACK-OF-10-/280681077539?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4159e55b23

or

http://www.gardinerp...og/O_Clips.html

Attached Files:

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

these work well on pvc pipes, but not sure but i think the one he might have is a hard nylon one and these wouldnt work as well on that.

8. Martyn

Martyn Active Member

Advertisement