RO MAN Issues

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gleam123, Jul 4, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Can barely get the pressure gauge up to five this week making water production damn near impossible!

Is there anything I can do to assist with this or anyone experienced similar issues?

Checked on their website and it was suggested some companies have started turning down water pressure in some areas.

Is it worth me investing in a booster pump or maybe there is something I can do thats a little more cost effective beforehand?

Thanks in advance guys

Ben

Advertisement
  2. Booster pump seems the only option to me

col :)

3. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

May have to invest in one, it literally is trickling out.

Nowhere near producing 75 GPD

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Booster pump is the only real option if you have low water pressure,In reality you wont get 75 gpd and It does trickle out and at 35 psi it will produce 50L a day,I use to use one and have it running constant to keep up with what I was using.

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Booster pump all the way.

Round here the water pressure drops quite a bit during the day, but from about 9 in the evening starts to creep up again.

Without a booster pump my production is rubbish, and also the RO only gets the TDS down to about 15. With it the TDS drops to about 7.

6. hi sorry im new to all this my ro with di unit is running very slow what are theese boster pumps is this what i need?i had a spare 75litre storage tub lying around and i am trying to fill this i have filled no were near 1/4 of the tub so far in 6 hours please help me trying to start a bissness and so as my name suggest feed the wife and kids but dont think ill have much water to get any houses done

7. nearlyclean

Supplier

What size RO is it? if it is a 75 gpd it will fill your tub in about 30 hours.A booster pump is a small pump to increase the water pressure from the mains R/O needs a minimum of 35 psi to work and really you want around 60 psi for it to work at its best.I would get another water butt and keep filling till both are filled and transfer over to your on board tank or containers for transporting,I use to have a 75 gpd RO and have it running 24/7 to keep up with demand but took a lot of organising.

8. Firstly do you have a tds meter to take a reading of the water purity of your tap water. If not get one as you may find you do not need an RO unit that would be my first port of call

just read your other post about reading of 250 u need Ro what a booster pump does is force the water through the RO membrane as at the moment all you have is the water pressure from your tap and its not enough to get loads of water through the ro membrane
    col

9. nearly clean its a 50gpd one and you say you have yours going 24/7 how much water are you producing a day? how much are you using per house roughly sorry for all these questions

colin yes its over 250 on my tds meter :( i have it running off my outside tap running on full power where do you get these boaster pumps i tryed my shurflo pump plugging it up still no luck

10. nearlyclean

Supplier

I use DI only now,but when I had the RO going it would fill 2 water butts (120L)in about 48-60 hours.You need to get your RO set in a Garage or shed where you can insulate it before winter comes or the frost will break your RO
    http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=83 booster pump for 50 gpd

Advertisement