Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ment to be summer

Another rainy day here in County Durham, Looking at the weather for the rest of the week I will lose around 1-2 days work this week thankfully it looks drier next week but no chance of fully catching up next week. 

Its no great getting soaked in the rain but at least you are managing to get through some work . 

This has been the worst week I've had for ages, possibly the worst since I started.

Monday rain all day - did no work

Tuesday even worse rain all day - did no work

Wednesday - no rain but 40mp winds, all my houses were taking ages to clean, water spraying everywhere and shite getting stuck to the glass - didn't get that much done

Today - wake up to heavy rain and forcast looks terrible

Looks like an all time low earning wise this week for me 

did half a day monday ,good day yesterday an nothing today by the looks, got 1 big nursery due which is ok in the rain but its needs a 47 and its dead windy as well so cant do it, tried pressure washing in the rain but i wear glasses so in when its warm i steam up a cant see a damn thing lol 

FSG Monday - got wet. Conny roof Tuesday - got really wet. FSG and conny Wednesday. Love it when it rains as I can get all the other jobs done - just need to get some decent waterproof overalls so I don't keep getting a wrinkly ar$e!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

FSG Monday - got wet. Conny roof Tuesday - got really wet. FSG and conny Wednesday. Love it when it rains as I can get all the other jobs done - just need to get some decent waterproof overalls so I don't keep getting a wrinkly ar$e!

That's a good idea mate. What do you do tell customers when they ask ? That you will do them when you can? I tend to do them straight away or on the next clean but your way sounds better

Just part of the pitch when I quote. I usually give them a specific date once they've agreed a price but then explain that I I will do it earlier if a slot comes available or it's raining. If it's a non customer I do the windows for 'free' but I'm more than happy to drop in when it's dry to go over windows again if they've marked but it's not happened yet - most tend to have a window cleaner anyway who either doesn't want the extra work or are trad and can't/won't . I find it a lot easier/quicker doing these kind of jobs when it's wet anyway so it's win win

Back