Ro or di system

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Ryan, Feb 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ok so looking at these which would be best for a soft water area ?

iv been looking at the 450 ro system and the 11l di system

i know with the ro system is just a case of changing the filters how many litres would 1 450 ro system clean before id need to change the filters ?

same with the 11l di resin how many litres roughly would this give me from both before id need to change the resin/filters ?

any help or examples would be great

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

its a bit more than just changing your filters

what is ur tds of the water

with a ro you get waste water adn if on a water meter can cost a lot of money

3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Not 100% on the tds of my water all i know is i'm in a soft area

not on a meter so that not a problem.

just looking for a few examples really

i prefer the sound of a di system but would like to know what sort of litres a full 11l gets thro before the resin needs to be changed which is around £60-70 i thik

i'm going for a 350l tank anyway so would like to know how many tanks is possible on a full 11l resin bottle before the tds starts to rise agine.

4. simon

simon Guru

it depends on your tds at tap mate mine is about 35 i believe wales is good an all, i've got 2 11ltr di's into a 350 tank, i use mebbe 250 ltr a day average - i could use less but i over do it a bit, but a bag of resin lasts about 4mths
    start with 1 di then when water goes above 12 i put that next to tap & a new 1 next to tank & keep checking tds on old di till its same as tap tds then go back to using 1 di untill that hits 12
    but if you water is more than 100 i think you need ro as well

5. Andy Leett

Andy Leett Member

My tds is around 30-40 and I use an 11ltr di, I will probably get another to go alongside it soon though.

6. Ryan

Ryan Guest

what sort of times does it take to fill your tank andy ? and what size tank u got u got a booster ?

7. This is a vid i did for another thread, it shows what a difference a booster pump makes to an ro system...in my shed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-QvxGB75g&feature=colike

8. Ryan

Ryan Guest

thanks clear vue massive help mate

9. Andy Leett

Andy Leett Member

It takes about 45 mins to fill my tank (250ltr) straight of the mains, I don't use a booster, don't think you need one with Di only. Mine goes from tank through Di to pole.
    Where about are you, you are welcome to have a look at my system.

10. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Hi andy i'm from the south

ya i know how the systems work but i worked last summer with a big ionic system so thats a bit diffident to a simple di system in terms of size pumps ect
    just trying to gauge it tbh

thanks for all the advise guys

much love

Advertisement