Ro Pressure And Flow

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by wilgold, Mar 10, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. wilgold

wilgold Active Member

Hi everyone i have just installed my new 100gpd RO system and the flow seems to be very poor. Its taken 8.5hours to produce 60ltrs!!!! It's running at 2.5bar/40psi. Would I benefit from installing a booster pump? Or is this normal? Cheers

Advertisement
  2. johnny bravo

i have a 300 ro used a diaphram pump 1.5 lpm, took 1 hour to fill 25 litre drum up, sold that got a higher spec pump from vyair now takes 30 minutes to fill, phone vyair up freephone get number from website. describe it all to phil he will advise what to do. they do 200ro with built in booster pump @ £200 over the phone

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Like johnny said.

But a 100gpd ro systems are slow at producing water.

4. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i have 350gpd after upgrading from 100gpd. i have a booster pump on and it takes me about 2.5 hrs to get 50L. not sure if this is right, swear i used to get 25L in 50 mins a while ago but its slowed down with time. i have flushed it quite a bit to help the system. might upgrade and get a merlin.

5. JDMW

JDMW Guru

yess more waste than anything. i think with my 350gpd i get about 50/50 ro and waste

6. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

100UK gal = 454.61L in 24hrs thats just about 18 litres an hour. So yes your pressure must be low., you need a booster pump. Trust me and save up for this http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/2400-gpd-high-volume-reverse-osmosis-system-40-membrane-p-610.html along with the booster, or get a loan, it will save you so much time and hassel. Mine runs at 240 litres an HOUR!!! I supply for 4 guys, even if i ran this system on my own i would still get the same system! You end up throwing loads of money away with low grade RO systems.

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Yer that's a good system if you need that amount of water,
    But for a one man its a little bit of a waste,

So far my 200gpd pumped ro from vyair has only cost me about £300 for 2 years so far, that's without water bill. And still got resin for the next year in that price, only thing I need to spend this year on it is £20 for pre filters.

8. johnny bravo

add a booster pump £425

9. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Or on ebay there is a hf5 membrane complete with housing £365, then buy a couple of 10 inch housings a valve for waste outlet,

and DI vessel of your choice and save 300 quid ish

10. johnny bravo

i paid £80 for booster pump from vyair. 25 litres = 30 minutes. used to take 50 - 60 minutes. i use a 10 in . di vessel, got resin last may, still got half a bag. i just do various tops with backpack from WCW, Which i may be selling soon.

Advertisement