RO Pump

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Daftoldgit, Feb 24, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Daftoldgit

Daftoldgit Member

Anyone used a sureflow wfp pump as a RO booster pump?
    I tried it for ten minutes yesterday and it worked a treat, trebled my output of water.
    I don't know if they're designed to run for those long periods though?

Advertisement
  2. keir

keir Guru

Sounds like a good idea to me bud, what litre-age before and after per minute?

I currently get about 1.5 litres a minute

Only thing i would be thinking about is what pressure the membrane can take, do you have an inline pressure gauge to see if its kicking out 100 psi through the membrane?

3. Daftoldgit

Daftoldgit Member

Keir- If I had your output I wouldn't bother with a pump! whats your mains pressure?
    mines under 40psi.

the production went up from 250ml a minute to 700 ml a minute - that's - hang on - from 15litre an hour to 42 litre an hour.

as it was just an experiment, I didn't have it set up correctly, I just dipped the RO feed pipe into a container of tap water on my trolley.

So the pump was before the pre filters instead of after, and not connected to the water mains at all
    So I guess it could be made to run even better...

biggest bonus- the waste ratio went right down too. (i'm on a meter)

4. keir

keir Guru

Right gotchya

In that case if i were you i would deffo give it a go, cause if the pump was just drawing off a reservoir then once you connect the hose i reckon you'll double it again, and i doubt you need to worry about the membrane either

i dont know what my tap pressure is, also luckily for me i'm not on a meter

Advertisement