Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Missing £1.00.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bingo

I seen a jacket in a shop for £97.00 but I didn't have any cash on me, so I borrowed £50.00 off Mummy and £50.00 off Daddy = £100.00.

I bought the jacket and got £3.00 in change, so I decided to give Mummy £1.00, Daddy £1.00 and kept a £1.00 for myself.

SO, now I owe my Mummy £49.00 and also owe my Daddy £49.00 ....sooooooo.......

£49.00 + £49.00 = £98.00 plus the £1.00 I kept makes a total of £99.00....

WHERE IS THE MISSING £1.00 :confused:.

love that had one like it a few years ago.....oh god my head hurts...gav will know.....its probably the tax man it usually is.../emoticons/smile.png

you own a jacket worth £97 and have £1 in cash total asset value £98. you owe mum & dad £49 each, total liability £98. therefore if you can balance your debt by returning the jacket for a refund of £97 and adding you £1 cash balance. the sums work okay. a good puzzle though :)

Debts are negative not positive so you subtract the 1 not add. 98 - 1 gives you 97 which is what you owe for the jacket

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I seen a jacket in a shop for £97.00 but I didn't have any cash on me, so I borrowed £50.00 off Mummy and £50.00 off Daddy = £100.00.I bought the jacket and got £3.00 in change, so I decided to give Mummy £1.00, Daddy £1.00 and kept a £1.00 for myself.

SO, now I owe my Mummy £49.00 and also owe my Daddy £49.00 ....sooooooo.......

£49.00 + £49.00 = £98.00 plus the £1.00 I kept makes a total of £99.00....

WHERE IS THE MISSING £1.00 :confused:.
can i unlike it coz it doing my head in...?

You needed to pay mummy & daddy £1.50 each, not a £1. that way there would be no pound left for yourself....??? I think lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything was right up to "plus the £1.00 I kept makes a total of £99.00...." You borrow £100, you pay back £2, you have £98 remaining to pay back( 49 + 49 ), ie the £97 for the jacket + the £1 you have left. Simples.

Everything was right up to "plus the £1.00 I kept makes a total of £99.00...." You borrow £100, you pay back £2, you have £98 remaining to pay back( 49 + 49 ), ie the £97 for the jacket + the £1 you have left. Simples.
yeh i think im getting there....oh i hate maths.....i mean quite a few custys will say i will give you £21 if you give me ten pounds and i will say oh yes and walk down the path trying to not look thick and figure it out....of course they arent trying to rob me but...my brain hurts...i only want to clean windows.....

Last edited by a moderator:
yes C&C I have had a few head scratching moments like that in the past, albit it in another line of work.

I wonder how many unsuspecting people fall for this? [media]

[/media]

yes thanks for reminding us all, love the real hustle when it was on tv....lucky for me i think....think....all my custys are honest.....gets even harder in the winter when collecting in the dark...i always have the correct change in my hand for most permutations before i knock on the door.../emoticons/smile.png

Back