Ro system filter costs

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by richard123456, Sep 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. richard123456

richard123456 Member

So I have a to system just a cheap.one. it is 50gdp a day. It is very slow. Just found out the replacement filters are £15 and I have to change them every 2000 litres. Seems quite expensive. If I buy a 150gdp or higher do I still need to replace filters so often? Or are they as costly?

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

A fiberdyne 10" carbon block filter lasts for 38000 liters according to the manufacturers recommendations. It costs £12.00 + VAT and delivery. A sediment filter costs £2.40 + VAT. Prices from Gardiners.

Not sure where you got that figure of 2000 litres from, but I'm guessing its from a CAG filter that has a service life of 10000 liters of water processed. At £5.40 + VAT for a 10" one, the Fiberdyne is a much better option IMPO.

A 150GPD membrane will just produce water faster but will also produce more waste. It's all governed by a restrictor in the waste outlet.

Usually those r/o's work on a 3 to 1 ratio, 3 liters of waste to 1 liter of pure. So a Fiberdyne prefilter will get you around 9500 liters of pure.

We upgraded our 3 x 75GPD membrane r/o to a 3 x 150 GPD and processed water into a second hand IBC tank. Only when we did this did our business increase - we were being 'throttled' by not having sufficient water to do a day's work with.

Advertisement