Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aqua adapter please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

They screw to the top of your pole then you pull your pole hose and it stops the water flow. They seem to be ok, but personally i don't use them for the following reasons:

1- I've just paid a lot of money for a very light pole, I don't want extra weight at the very end of it.

2- Price- they're about £60 I think, compared to a tap which costs about £12

3- You need one for every pole, whereas a tap is on your hose & works for all your poles.

I started using a tap, attached to a holster. Found it to be an absolute pain. Hated being 'tied' to the hose all the time so I started to leave it on the ground and 'pinching' the hose. Moderately successful and enjoyed not having to wear a belt for working. Now I've got an aqua dapter and I think it's one of the best buys I've made. Loads of control, saving water, no belt, no holster.

I only tend to use 1 pole so I've only bought 1. The longer pole only gets used for about 3 or 4 windows at a time so I just go back to pinching on those occasions.

I do recommend the Aqua thingy.

i use a tap on the main hose itself

used the aqua stuff last year tho thay are good but tbh for the money i cant see the point if thay where around £30 then maby

I've taken my aqua dapter off and just use the tap. I loose a little more water but it makes me quicker between windows as I'm not trying to pull on the dam hose to turn it off. Which always works at ground level but not always first floor and up. Plus I'm using a carbon fibre goose neck and love the lightness of the pole and how rigid it is, don't want to loose that and then adapter to use a gooseneck looks like it will make the pole too long and not as stiff.

I've taken my aqua dapter off and just use the tap. I loose a little more water but it makes me quicker between windows as I'm not trying to pull on the dam hose to turn it off. Which always works at ground level but not always first floor and up. Plus I'm using a carbon fibre goose neck and love the lightness of the pole and how rigid it is, don't want to loose that and then adapter to use a gooseneck looks like it will make the pole too long and not as stiff.
I love the aqua dapter and i would to buy yours off you jamie if you dont use it any more

No worries mate, not sure if I want to get rid of it just yet. If I do you'll have first offer.

Hi windyman,

compared to a tap which costs about £12
Our inline taps are £9.95 inc VAT /emoticons/smile.png

You can put an Aqua-dapter on every pole, some customers do, but often they leave their inline tap on the hose and just have the Aqua-dapter on the main pole.

There's limited stock of the Mk2 Aqua-dapter still available, which costs a little less.

We have a satisfaction guarantee on the Aqua-dapter, so you can use it for 4 weeks and if you don't like it, return it to us for a full refund.

Paul

Hi windyman,

compared to a tap which costs about £12
Our inline taps are £9.95 inc VAT /emoticons/smile.png

You can put an Aqua-dapter on every pole, some customers do, but often they leave their inline tap on the hose and just have the Aqua-dapter on the main pole.

There's limited stock of the Mk2 Aqua-dapter still available, which costs a little less.

We have a satisfaction guarantee on the Aqua-dapter, so you can use it for 4 weeks and if you don't like it, return it to us for a full refund.

Paul
Paul love the aqua adapter but i would like to know can you adjust wheel as sometimes it does not turn off it needs to be pulled a few times this can also happen when i do it by hand

Hi Mark,

When turning by hand, it's just a case of getting it in the right position. It's usually easier to do that if you have your hand underneath, as in the video on the homepage.

If not turning off, that's usually because it wasn't pulled *quite* hard enough when starting the water, the carriage hasn't gone down to the bottom and so it needs 2 pulls to first release the trigger/lever and then allow it to turn the wheel and turn off the water on the next pull.

Paul

Hi Paul, good to have you online. If I brought the adapters so I can use my aqua dapter (that I don't use) on top of my gooseneck & slx would I get the same refund policy? As above, I have got one but not keen on using it with a gooseneck so it's just sitting in my garage. Also, I have the orange hose. I believe you might have released an even tougher red one? Would you recommend this instead. Great product on ground level but I was wasting so much time trying to turn it on and off, which can get frustrating especially after extending the pole to a third floor. Thanks, J

Hi Jamie,

Yes, we have a newer red hose that is even lower stretch, slightly smoother surface and particularly recommended for hot water users (http://blog.aqua-dapter.co.uk/2011/12/in-search-of-the-perfect-pole-hose/). However, the problem you have described isn't the norm (we do have a lot of customers using the Aqua-dapter at height), so I wonder if there is something else causing it.

I remember you had to drill out your End Screw slightly to fit the Aqua-dapter. If there is any friction in this area on the hose, this could cause a problem. Something else that could cause an issue is if the hose becomes twisted and so 'grips' the inside of the pole. Friction of the hose on the inside of the pole can have at least 2 negative effects:

1. if the carriage isn't pulled fully to the bottom of the Aqua-dapter body or
  2. if the the spring can't pull the carriage fully to the top
...then the trigger doesn't get released, and so won't work properly on the next pull.

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. You were right re the hole but since then Ionic have replaced the top section so it has a nice free flowing hole. I've just tried out a tip using my tool belt and my tap so with this and my set up with the quick release hose ends I've decided to sell my aqua dapter and not use one. For others I'm sure they're great but not for me. Thanks for your help anyway.

Back