Ro system in garage or van

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Greener, Oct 27, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Greener

Greener Well-Known Member

Hi all, this is my first post in the forum so thanks for looking :). I am currently working for someone with a brodex van mounted RO system, but am looking to start my very own WFP cleaning business by the end off Jan next year. Currently I'm looking into all available options available regarding converting tap water to pure water. Now I know I can find lots of van mounted system, but a massive part of me would like to have some form of system located in my garage that converts the water and is then fed into the van, i just feel it would offer more security, less weight in the van, more protection for the system in the garage compared to the van etc ect. Presumably its as simple as making the water and directly transferring it to a tank/pump set up in the van?????? I would love to hear all your thoughts and recommendations please.

Cheers Greener :thumbsup:

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome to the forum Greener :thumbsup:

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Welcome Greener. Here's what I do. My TDS is very low, I have tested the water and it's been 029PPM before now. I run twin DI vessels (it's coming out at 003PPM ATM). When the TDS gets to 005/007 I will change the resin in the vessel nearest the tap and swap them over. The oldest resin will still be doing a job by bringing my tap water TDS down a bit before it hits the new resin, this will preserve the new resin a bit longer. I fill the tank directly from the vessels which are in my garage. I judge how long it will take to fill the tank on a trickle and set a timer to remind me the water is on.

4. Greener

Thanks Smurf

5. Greener

Thanks for the info Tuffers sounds so simple. I presume the vessels/tank are simply connected to each other i.e Tap-vessel-vessel-tank? What size tank do you work with and how often do you change the resins in the vessels? Cheers bud.

6. TolishAPurd

Welcome matey.:thumbsup: You gotta love that Koppaberg. Had many a good summer camping trip on that stuff. But when the weather gets cold I'm on the rum.

7. Greener

Ooooo I like a bit of Rum :laugh:

8. Greener

Thanks for the info Tuffers sounds so simple. I presume the vessels/tank are simply connected to each other i.e Tap-vessel-vessel-tank? What size tank do you work with and how often do you change the resins in the vessels? Cheers bud.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yeah, tap to first vessel, 4" of garden hose pipe connects to the 2nd vessel, connected with hozelock fittings and a long piece of garden hose then flops in the tank. It's a 500L tank and I change the resin every 6 weeks ish. This last batch of Tulsion MB-115 I bought has lasted really well. I bought it from an aquatics site, it's also the cheapest I've found :thumbsup:

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Might be a silly question but what is your tap water tds ppm Greener

Advertisement