Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Silly season is in full swing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cookie

So many requests for work during the past 2 or 3 weeks (walk ups & referrals).

I'm just having to turn them away now since I'm only just keeping on top of my current workload.

Same here Cookie (apart from the turning away part)

I've got a couple of mates who are windies and also my brother so I can just pass it over over if I can't cope.

No matter the price they seem to say yes AND are so grateful for them being cleaned.

It's the spring and sunny days - highlights to them how awfully dirty the windows are...

I'm not complaining at all - far better then scratching around for work!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Same up in Scotland. Haven't had a walk up for a month or so until yesterday had two..noticing more enquiries too.

Me too. Getting on my nerves now. Even had a call yesterday halfway through the first half at football.

I said to her that I'll phone her back as I'm at Millwall. She then started to explain chapter and verse about her drive and patio!!

Going to pass a lot of the work on. I don't mind doing the odd half day on a Saturday, but the weather is getting better now, so would rather be fishing or out on the motorbike. More to life than work /emoticons/smile.png

Me too. Getting on my nerves now. Even had a call yesterday halfway through the first half at football.I said to her that I'll phone her back as I'm at Millwall. She then started to explain chapter and verse about her drive and patio!!

Going to pass a lot of the work on. I don't mind doing the odd half day on a Saturday, but the weather is getting better now, so would rather be fishing or out on the motorbike. More to life than work /emoticons/smile.png
Like the money though [emoji12]

Agree with you Steve, more to life than work. Cor, I heard you millwall boys beat the second in the league the other day. Shame you couldn't beat Spurs in the FA Cup though..that would have been great to see

poor old millwall, I remember going to The Den and watching you when you were still in championship. Some woman was sitting about 2 or 3 rows behind us one time and everytime a decision in the match went against millwall, she would stand up and shout the most insulting, aggressive abuse at the officals. It cracked me and my friends up, one of which is a millwall boy like you. I wanted to tell her, 'Its just a game, luv' lol

Last edited by a moderator:
poor old millwall, I remember going to The Den and watching you when you were still in championship. Some woman was sitting about 2 or 3 rows behind us one time and everytime a decision in the match went against millwall, she would stand up and shout the most insulting, aggressive abuse at the officals. It cracked me and my friends up, one of which is a millwall boy like you. I wanted to tell her, 'Its just a game, luv' lol
IMG_0100.JPG

Was it her? [emoji16]

I now have 4 gutters and a conny roof for Thursday! Glad I dumped some cheap work tbh or this would have been a mission this week

Football is sheite you should watch a proper game like rugby lol

Silly season is definitely under way and i have conny roofs to hypo and gutters to clear building up

I don't bother with it a lot now i just sub it out with a few quid added on and crack on with the windows

A fair few enquiries in recent weeks for windows and gutters etc, But I have turned a few down just because I don't cover certain areas

another 2 gutters booked in today! May have to work a couple of Sundays, all into the holiday pot for june, although may get a new pole instead...

another 2 gutters booked in today! May have to work a couple of Sundays, all into the holiday pot for june, although may get a new pole instead...
Go for an extreme ! Was talking to a windie today and felt how light his extreme 25 was :thumbs:

Go for an extreme ! Was talking to a windie today and felt how light his extreme 25 was :thumbs:
Think I'll just go for a 35ft viper/SLX, still an upgrade for my hybrid, and I'm quite heavy handed and will probably break an extreme

Four calls before lunch today! Season is defo here up in Scotland..

A lot of gutter enquiries strangely too. Happy days!

Latest Posts

Back