RO system

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by Christian Eley, Mar 16, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Christian Eley

Christian Eley http://solarsoakers.co.uk

what do you guys use to purify your water? Obviously a Reverse Omsomis system, but how does yours work?

I live on a farm and I'm going to be needing pure water at 1000L a day, so I'm just wondering which is the best way of doing it.

Advertisement
  2. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

For me - rain water harvesting and di. If you live on a farm my bum hole is twitching for all the potential roof space to gather the wonder juice!!! (Rain!)
    What's your tap TDS? That's the first thing I would check as you may be lucky and have low enough TDS to get away with just running a DI system.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

3. Christian Eley

Christian Eley http://solarsoakers.co.uk

My TDS for tap water here is 330-350 so I don't think it is,.

I've got ibc containers arround my farm collecting rain water as it is to feed the animals.. So could I easily turn that to purfied?

4. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

As long as the roof is pretty clean and you can cover the tank - if it's clear - to stop the water going green as much. I have used an inline filter that joins directly to the downpipe which catches a lot of the larger debris. Also clean the gutters often. My TDS from a crappy roof is always below 10ppm so resin is lasting a fair while. I only have one 1000ltr IBC so have a backup Ro system (4040). I've not had to use it yet as I have only just started with wfp properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement