Ro Systems

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, Oct 15, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

Starting to do my homework on RO, can anyone tell me whats the difference between window cleaning systems and fish tank systems? Are they charging us more for the same equipment? I have seen 380 litres per day fish systems for something like £150 ish where as for wfp double or treble it.

I'm starting look because my water quality out of the tap has reduced from 034 to 092 so starting to use more resin, i am using twin 8 litre di vessels but its still getting through my resin alot quicker than it used to

I will probably store the RO water in a tank and pump across to my daily tank.

Cheers peeps

Advertisement
  2. DanielT

DanielT Active Member

380 litres per day isn't really man enough for the job. Window cleaning ones are 300 gallons per day.

3. keir

keir Guru

Yeah know what you mean, but i only have a 350 tank. So what my thinking is get a 500 or 1000 tank and fill it continually with a float valve attached. As long as they do exactly the same job that would do me.

Also a mate of mine sells aquatic gear for a living and reckons he could get me a real deal

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

One designed for window cleaning is 4X more water per day though, I couldn't cope with 300l/day.

5. keir

keir Guru

But it would do the same job?

300 litres X 7 days = 2100 litres

I use 330-350 litres a day......so 350 X 5 = 1750 litres

So if i started the RO up a week before i started using the water i would always be ahead of myself

6. gto

gto Active Member

no it wouldn't.

a 400GPD RO, (gallons per day) with booster pump. will produce around 60 litres per hour.
    so around 5 hours for your van tank.

the cheap one if your lucky will produce 338 litres in 24 hours, around 14 litres an hour.
    cheap RO's also have high waste output.

7. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

what, you mean we are getting ripped of by wfp suppliers, shock horror

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Good luck with that as I think you will soon realise how painfully slow a 50 or 100 gpd ro is and have wasted your money no matter how cheap you can get one.

Even using a small 300 gpd ro without a booster pump takes approx 2 days to fill 1000 ltr ibc holding tank.

The industry standard size ro's used for window cleaning for static or van mounts are 4040 ro/di setups and now some are using 4021's

Daqua also sell smaller ro's now too http://www.daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm

9. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I've got a 300gpd (bear in mind they're all US gal so only 3.78l/gal), this takes 36 hours to fill my IBC from empty.

10. Pride Clean

Pride Clean Active Member

Try collins water products. I gotva 450gpd r.o from there for under £200 and is great little thing

Advertisement