Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

courses and training for water fed , driveway cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul stallard

hi guys, can anyone tell me if I need any licences to carry this job out please-

driveway cleaning, guttering cleaning and wfp

yes I use spayers for weed control , also to seal

yes I own a set of ladders for tradinally window cleaning and pole system wfp

if anyone can help ever with a list of what I will need to do, and also if anyone as done any how much.

I do the general things like cones and safety signs and clothing and protection glasses,

i just fort it would be interesting to see what I'm missing, best be safe then sorry,

anyways thanks for reading, if you have any tips or information on this matter please let me know, as there might be thinks that i need and i just did not know ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Course starts 8am Tomorrow, it is a 5 day course 8am to 4pm, it will cost you nothing but you will buy the 'tutor' lunch each day.

You will get practical hands on experience on WFP, power washing and gutter cleaning. Upon successful completion of the course you will be given a rating of 1 -5 on the back of a Costa Coffee napkin. :whistle:

On a serious note, WFP there is tons and tons of info here and of on Youtube. As for gutters it is a matter of get up there, clear them out, unblock the downpipes, clean the outside and done.

For power-washing talk to Eviesteve and Jake, they do quite a bit of it and can give you some good pointers no doubt.

green sorry I meant courses like working at highs or cossh for sprayer licence

I don't need youtube to explain how to clean lol, I fort I was doing a good cleaning job myself ;-)

I just wanted to know if there is liceneces that I need to do the job ,

You only cossh if they ask you, the same goes for a risk assessment - this will only apply to commercial, you won't get any residential customers asking for a risk assessment lol !

You don't need any licencesfor what we do on a daily basis

If spraying weeds or cleaning products on to fascias etc I'm pretty sure the quantities and substances we use would never come under the scope of coshh

that's why I'm asking for a little info on licenses and risk assessment and method statement

as i would like to do commercial,

so if any one can help please

does anyone have a copy of a risk and method

what liceneces do i need ??? and where is the best place to go for information, is there online courses etc

These are the hse guidlines on coshh

http://www.hse.gov.uk/coshh/basics.htm

A lot of it is common sense

I had to go above and beyond this when i got trained for adr 6.1 and 6.2 toxic and hazardous substances

Used to work in transport office and occasionally drive for a firm that transported clinical waste

At the time i would have been able to transport anthrax and the like if needed with my certificates (never would happen though but the qualification covered it)

99% of all these things are just common sense

In reality coshh is just a case of doing a risk assessment for the substances you use and if need be detail the preventative measures you will use to avoid harm being done either to people or environment

If you need one for a commercial job you can look up any product on google and get the coshh guidelines for it

Any supplier of chemicals that are hazardous by law should supply you a safety data sheet to comply with REACH to allow you to do a COSHH risk assessment

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been on the British window cleaning academy course before I started.

I thought it was going to be a load of nonsense, but I am glad I went on it was full of really good helpful information.

I went on the beginners course and it taught you the basics of traditional window cleaning.

I could not use a squeegee before I went and when I left I was pretty ace.

They do 4 courses

Waterfed pole

Window cleaning skills

Health & Safety

Marketing Couse

http://www.bwca.co.uk/

The WFP Course may help the guy that runs the course invented the thing.

Hope this helps

You'll probably rarely have to do it mate, I've only ever done it for 1 big commercial job, all the others don't even bother to ask for coshh or R/A

So I wouldn't worry about it, if you do get asked, there is loads and loads of templates on the net,

But it's not hard, it's just what Dave said, josh basically a risk assessment for the products used

thanks for the information guys but still if anyone has already done a risk assessment and method for wfp driveway and guttering service would you please send a copy so i can adjust to [email protected]

as I'm good at doing the work but dam paper work lol,

many thanks to all the members that's reply back,

i have been cleaning for some time now, not had any problems but fort it would be a good idea to get something on paper

so if anyone as a risk assessment and method statements that i could amend please send a copy

just incase i get asked in the future,

Latest Posts

Back