Roller Guide in The Back Door

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Nov 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'm toying with the idea of fitting one of these to my back door. Has anyone done this at all. Obviously I'd need a cover of some sort over it to stop rain getting in.

image.jpg

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yep that's exactly what I'm thinking as well tuffers, that's the Gardiner one isn't it?

If so I've been deliberating it for a while, I think it's been in the shopping basket on gardiners website a few times lol!

The only problem I've got is the shape of the rear doors, so I'm thinking of putting it on the curb side of the van...

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yes it's Gardiners Jake. Have you given any thought of how you would cover it?

4. mark

mark Forum Addict

it would be something I would do.its the worry of reselling the van.(if drilled into the door)unless you sell to another window cleaner of course.ive tried the plastic rollers further back behind the door. that metal roller looks the biz.some ive seen have them on the side of the van

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I think it would do the job, but like you say it's the sell on factor. Maybe put it behind the number plate and design something to make your plate tilt when the hose comes through. Only problem I have is my reel sits on the other side of the van to the number plate. I don't really want to put my reel on the other side as that's where I put my vac/trolley and poles.

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

My thought was a plastic plug type 'contraption' to plug into it at the end of each day, but not sure how to do it yet,

I'm not sure if I'll
    Do it as there's a few hurdles to get past with them...

7. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Exactly like mine! Same position!

8. Underdog

Underdog Member

if your vans tatty and old id do it but not on a decent van. come resale time your looking at a new door. or buy a second hand door same colour and fit it to that. if it goes wrong you have not ruined the one on your van, if it goes well swap doors and you will always have the old one to go back on.

Advertisement