Roof cleaning

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Calvin, Oct 11, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Calvin

Calvin Member

Hi. Does anybody here do roof cleaning as an add on? Moss removal and treatment? And if so...how? And how much do you charge?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you are not a trained experienced roofer then I advise you stay well clear

3. Calvin

Calvin Member

But it's fairly easy work for pretty good money. I've done quite a few over the last year or so and you usually get a neighbour or someone else in the road who sees you up there then wants theirs done too! Just wondered if any other windys take this on...??

4. cheapncheerful

i have done a few but not so easy and can be dangerous.....not something i look for ...i was up on a roof on friday...my body was not happy at all.....i getting too old now...:D

the ones i have done were with a pole and scraper from a ladder......starts out fun...but soon gets monotonous...

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I do it if asked but i grew up working with my mums boyfriend who is a roofer.
    Was up on roofs at weekends and during school holidays.
    Gotta have your wits about you Calvin
    Only takes 1 slip and you're brown bread
    I use my old climbing gear if possible and tie on to chimney or something solid with enough rope that i can work but won't go past the gutter if i slip

6. Matrix

Matrix Newcomer

This is the way

But I can't find it in UK.Anyone know how to buy it???
    It's too expensive from US

7. abs

abs Guru

I've done a few for really really good money and we always used cherry pickers or scissors lifts with a good reach kick out bar never stood on a roof once doing it this way

8. nick666

nick666 Member

Unless you're bloody good at pricing or running ;-) I'd stay well clear.Having screwed up the pricing on one and knowing I would have earned more money working at McDonalds for the day I stay well clear .

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#9 Smurf, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    I don't work if you don't scrap/pressure washer the heavy build up of moss off first. Most jobs you will get asked to do are covered in thick moss that is why they want them cleaned in the first place.

10. Matrix

Matrix Newcomer

It works,I saw it myself two years before.
    look at 1:05 - 1:10 , there is plenty of s**t.There is few better vids,unfortunately I can't find it

Advertisement