Roofs....and gutters?

Discussion in 'Conservatory Cleaning' started by Mooners, May 18, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mooners

Mooners Member

Hi All,

am fairly new to it all, though getting a fair few enquiries and pleased with progress so far.

When it comes to being asked to do conny roofs as well as conny windows on a clean, how do you tackle the subject of gutters as well. Obviously doesn't show off your work too well if you're leaving conny gutters full of rubbish and dirty as well.

Not really wanting to have to do these for free and part of the roof clean, what's the best way others tackle this issue with the customer?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Whack extra on the quote and tell them it includes cleaning out the gutters is one way to do it and bump up your pay

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If customers don’t mention it always ask if they want me to clear out the conservatory guttering on the quote before giving a final price to deep clean the conservatory roof/sides. Reason being some conservatory gutters are really awkward to get at especially box conservatory gutters that are fixed to the walls of the building so needs to be priced accordingly. Not only that some you will have to gain access from next door garden and/or flat roof etc too so is all extra hassle.

Regarding cleaning the outside of the guttering on a conservatory for me that's also included in the cost of deep cleaning a roof.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

And the conny glass as you drip **** all over it

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

6. Utterly Gutterly

#6 Utterly Gutterly, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Box gutters at the back of a conny can be a nightmare to price especially when it is a large one and has internal fixing brackets. This one was further complicated by the roof gutter above and a heavily mossed up valley in the far corner! Did this one using 4 carbon fibre suction poles with a 90 degree silicone elbow hose on the end which managed to get all the crud out. Silicone hoses can be good as it they are flexible and won't mark or scrape anything. I'm sure Smurf will have done much worse than this though. IMG_0498.jpg

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That's an awkward one for sure and is a good example of what I was on about earlier. Nice one :thumbsup:

8. Mooners

Mooners Member

Thanks for the help chaps, also, any recommendations for a decent brush to clean the plastic frame parts in-between the glass on the conny roof? My current brush isn't really getting in the grooves as it's a fairly soft brush

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm considering getting a constructor brush so I can configure what bristles I want in it myself. Mind you they are not cheap and early days yet as ideally a sill/radial type brush head would be better but that has not come out yet.

In the meantime I tend to use a Gardiner stiff radial brush on a long swivel so can use it long ways on the frames if need be. However I've found on some conservatory roof cleans to be honest is not that great on cleaning out groves in plastics as can take a lot of effort to do so.

10. Mooners

Mooners Member

Thanks Smurf, yes that's what i've been struggling a bit with. Good idea about the swivelling of the brush so you've got more bristle coverage on the plastic. Did take a look at the video to, will be interesting to see how they take off.

Advertisement