Roofs!

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Diwrnach, Aug 20, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

OK been asked a few times about roof cleaning, now I don't want to go climbing all over someones roof, so I have come up with a plan I would like to run past you all.

Already have a 7.3 meter I think it is? somewhere around 7-8 meters anyway long reach telescopic pressure washing pole, there is a wall cleaning rotary wall cleaner attachment available for this.

Could I put a scaffold tower on the side of the house and use the wall rotary on the end of the pole to clean a roof with?

Seems totally feasible to me as they sell a roof cleaner which is essentially a rotary on wheels with a rope to wind it up and down the roof, so can see this as being pretty much the same thing only maybe a bit smaller, so may well take awhile?

Thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's feasible to do it that way but most type tiles are shaped in a way so the water runs off unlike the yank roofers mostly use which are stuck down flat. That type of roof tiles you don't have a problem running it up and down the roof but would be a nightmare to use it on British type tiles I would have thought. Would be alot more difficult I would have thought using a small spinner as you mentioned too.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I get ask all the time too but I have no intention of starting a roof cleaning & coating business.

4. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Yeah I saw that pitch witch, but to me it just looks like a water broom?

And yeah I can see it being a pain in the ****, might be worth getting a slightly better one and getting friend of mine to manufacture some bigger wheels and stiffer pole and do it off a scaffold tower.... hmmmm

Not only am I too heavy to be clomping about on roofs, I don't want to either lol

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Some jobs are better left alone bud.;)

6. cheapncheerful

hey ...thats as bendy as banana my wfp....:rofl:

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

but weighs at least ten times more than yours:D

8. cheapncheerful

well its all part of my gym...:D

Advertisement