Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Set up my own company in November 2016 mainly traditional window cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I can't answer that because I've barely got any customers myself yet. I'm interested in how you got these customers though ? Did you canvass or leaflets or what ? Is it a compact round ? And more importantly are you happy with how it's going ? At the end of the day if you've created a round from nothing it's proof that you can achieve more so I say well done mate. I think it's about taking a positive approach and being relentlessly dedicated to building a round that's best for you.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you can start at that time of year and gain that many the real question is imagine how many you can get from here until the end of summer?? The weather will be a walk in the park,you seen the tough side of winter straight away!

And next year you will be kind of established and so easier again.

Many would fold first year,first winter..so respect there.

How many you have now has no real worth in the longer term ambition of things. Start as you mean to continue and it shall build.

Ps just be a geek like me and read this forum religiously /emoticons/wink.png it will keep you learning and keen.

I can't answer that because I've barely got any customers myself yet. I'm interested in how you got these customers though ? Did you canvass or leaflets or what ? Is it a compact round ? And more importantly are you happy with how it's going ? At the end of the day if you've created a round from nothing it's proof that you can achieve more so I say well done mate. I think it's about taking a positive approach and being relentlessly dedicated to building a round that's best for you.

Hi hope your well

I basically done everything on Facebook

Made a page up kept shareing it around on the for sale pages my friends share it when I post something on it normally it's all free.

I was likey in a way because I used to work for a cleaning company for nearly 7 years and always been in customers face to face jobs so talking to customers is easy for me.

All my customers are all over the place maybe only 4 places that are side to side the rest dotted about. You gotta go where the work is

If you can start at that time of year and gain that many the real question is imagine how many you can get from here until the end of summer?? The weather will be a walk in the park,you seen the tough side of winter straight away!
And next year you will be kind of established and so easier again.

Many would fold first year,first winter..so respect there.

How many you have now has no real worth in the longer term ambition of things. Start as you mean to continue and it shall build.

Ps just be a geek like me and read this forum religiously /emoticons/wink.png it will keep you learning and keen.
Hi Chris hope your well

Thanks for comment [emoji3]

I'm used to winter work having done it for a while now. although it doesn't get any easier haha.

I'm hopeful by end of summer to hit 100 customers would be fantastic.

Once you hit 100 custys the work seems to start coming to you and you build a lot faster after, dunno why but it seems to be the magic number

Canvas canvas and more canvassing i have an old girl work for me at her own leisure knocking doors repeating the same area every 3 ,months 3 mile radius i also speak to window in my area and find out where they live then send her over where they live to canvas then swap like for like once run for 3 months . On the flip it means getting rid of Winchester in your area creating a compact round its took me 20 years to build up 1500 customers in around of 18000 population . I also fancise a big round out on mainland due to a move 20 years ago

Canvas canvas and more canvassing i have an old girl work for me at her own leisure knocking doors repeating the same area every 3 ,months 3 mile radius i also speak to window in my area and find out where they live then send her over where they live to canvas then swap like for like once run for 3 months . On the flip it means getting rid of Winchester in your area creating a compact round its took me 20 years to build up 1500 customers in around of 18000 population . I also fancise a big round out on mainland due to a move 20 years ago
Hopefully in 20 years I'll have same amount

I'm 5 months in have 40 monthly customers and 21 bi-monthly plus few 3 monthly and odd one of two when the customers calls as they big ass places

Back