Round management - (pen and paper style)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by SPCleaning, Dec 31, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I know that many of you, almost all of you in fact will be Ambassadors for the various round software packages that are currently available. So for those of you with long memories or the stubborn who refuse to embrace these new fangled automated ideas. Did you come up with a fantastic, never to be beaten method of organising your work?

I have found Index cards to be good, but they aren't compatible with small children if you choose to leave them on the kitchen table to answer the door. You return to home made crumple snow.

It's a new year, a fresh start and I need a great new system so I can hit the ground running as they say.

And a happy and profitable new year to you all.

Advertisement
  2. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

I do not have many regulars, most of the work at the moment is painting so diary works for me for now.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

#3 daveyboy, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    Excel spreadsheet with name tel number frequency and price
    Once cleaned change date column to date of next clean and put x in box if they have paid
    Organise spreadsheet by date column low to high and it will give you a sheet in order of what's next and print it weekly for your weeks work
    Works for me and not much time used for admin
    Example below with a few random custys

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Screenshot_2014-12-31-15-25-56.png

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

why why o why do you want to keep to a paper/card system?

6. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Been using a diary with another book with a full list of each customers details, but now the round is growing I am going to be using Aworka, when I can be arsed to input all the customers on it :p

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I always keep a hard copy of quotes etc just in case technology everyone relies on goes tits up.

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I'll always keep a book with all customers details etc on it, and quotes are given off a book that gives a copy underneath as well.

But everything else I will do on Aworka, its cloud based as well as on your PC, so the chances of everything breaking at the same time is pretty slim :)

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have hardcopy of custy details in a book and usb copy of spreadsheet and i email it to my phone weekly up to date soni have 2 copies

10. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Mr Boar Sir, In my last job I was controlled by computers, spent too much of my time sat staring at the screen, so I have tried to avoid getting a software package.

In truth, I think it will have to happen. I may look at doing the excel spreadsheet thing. If I do I would like to get a little computer that I could use without connecting to the internet. Net Book? Note Book? not sure of the difference but I am thinking I could take it with me in the van maybe?

Advertisement