Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Temporary system hose stop/clamp

G

I've just fitted a roller system to my van so the hose can go through the floor and through the rollers.

What I need is something to put on the system hose to stop it at the rollers when reeled in but that can be removed easily at the end of each day so the hose can be reeled back into the van.

Anyone got any ideas?

What connector do you have in the end of the hose? I've got a roller but not through the floor. If mine was through the floor I would just find a cover that's a snug fit over the connector to stop dirt getting on it when I drive. I have a protectaball on mine which kind of slows reeling in but also just squeezes between my rollers if I'm not paying attention to where the end connector is - I have a tap so no chance of it going through anyway. I was considering a short extension piece after the rollers that has the larger protectaball on to stop it in its tracks - the short section could then just be removed at the end of the day so the plain rectus fitting slips through the rollers when you've finished.

adcfc3c1f0997bc7b2b3a9ea1dafc001.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

What connector do you have in the end of the hose? I've got a roller but not through the floor. If mine was through the floor I would just find a cover that's a snug fit over the connector to stop dirt getting on it when I drive. I have a protectaball on mine which kind of slows reeling in but also just squeezes between my rollers if I'm not paying attention to where the end connector is - I have a tap so no chance of it going through anyway. I was considering a short extension piece after the rollers that has the larger protectaball on to stop it in its tracks - the short section could then just be removed at the end of the day so the plain rectus fitting slips through the rollers when you've finished.

That's a brilliant idea, I don't have anything on my system hose atm. I could cut another but of hose that has a protector ball on it that snaps on with the text us fitting. Will post pic when it's done

How do you close your doors with your roller where it is?

I don't, the electric reel is fixed in the van which has the roller. If I'm in a rubbish area I use a different reel in the van ports. I couldn't fit rollers to the floor as it's a bit cluttered underneath - may be my next job once I get my custom tank sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Just put the pole in the van with the hose still connected and shut the door on it

Doesn't damage pole hose at all and still set up for the next job

I just had a thought, my snap end tail for rectus is to fit a 6mm pole hose, do they make 8mm?

Latest Posts

Back