Round Up Of My First Month As A Window Cleaner

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by koopmaster, Mar 2, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Well I have just done the first months as a full time window cleaner. Its been nice to be so close to home, I have been starting at 9 and finishing at 4 and there where a few days where I just didn't feel like going out, but instead of sitting at home I took the dog and went carding in a new area for 5 hours.

I new February would be tough since I just had enough work for 3 weeks but I have got 35 new customers this month and 6 quotes for Monday so my advertising is paying off.

I did drop a few of the **** customer so my books only show that I got about 20 customers but they where complete time wasters and needed to be dropped.

my new flyers have the price of the houses on them and this seems to work well so I am going to keep doing it for now.

It only gets better as I can now do the big push to get to 500 customers by the end of the year. (someone is going to ask so, got 240 so far)

Advertisement
  2. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Great going, i also put the price on the flyer, makes a huge difference :D

3. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

The only trouble with putting the price on your flyer is that you run the risk of undercutting existing window cleaners in your area.

There's no problem in leafleting a house that already has their windows cleaned but by advertising a price you can potentially be taking business of another window cleaner. And the chances are you've only hit them until someone comes along to undercut you.

4. OoO

OoO Guest

Customers have shown us leaflets with prices on.

For example we charged £14 on one house.

Prices ranged from £7 to a whopping £25!

If you provide a good service, most customers will stay. The customers who dump you for a £1 saving, are customers you dont want ;)

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you don't ask you don't get

Suppose if ppl phone after seeing a leaflet with prices on they are already qualified leads :)

Damo care to share the leaflets you use as was thinking of doing the same.

If you don't want to post it here then kindly send me a pm so can foward you my private email address so you can forward on to me ;)

6. OoO

OoO Guest

You have PM

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks Damo ;)

8. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

There nothing wrong with under cutting other window cleaners.... Business is business.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Unless you want your nose broke!

10. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Then there vehicle may catch fire...

Say that did happen? Then what? Just going to piss me off even more I would go right back up there and do it again. if you cant hang on to your customers you should really re-think window cleaning

Advertisement