Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Informing customers of sickness

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris33

So for this whole week I've had a bug that's pretty much floored me,was up ladders yesterday thinking I'd be ok now...not so,was very dizzy and felt unsteady.

Due to this,round will be a week behind for rest of week four and five (catch up for start of cycle again hopefully)

Anyway my concern is losing customers here, as its a pretty new round. Do you guys generally just continue back as normal,or should I put slip through effected houses doors to explain running late?

I've had to do the same as I can't walk at the moment due to tearing my ligaments in my ankle.

I just text them explaining what happened and they were OK to wait a few weeks until I could start walking again. So starting again Tuesday after the bank holiday

@tobyswindowcleaning thanks for input mate,its gona be no more than a week late here but I don't have all numbers so would have to drive round housed later with notices (if even upto that yet)

Don't know if im being over anxious re this or it actually matters lol

When this happened to me I just missed the effected week and kept the rest off the round on schedule, just texted and called the customers of that week telling them I was ill and I would see them next month. Everyone understood and I didn't lose any one. Just missed out on one weeks income

I think the majority of customers would not be bothered. Just maybe if you have any of those fussy customers on that week maybe let them know otherwise just for a week i probably wouldn't worry. You know your customers best though.

I can't stress this enough but information is the key here. A fellow windy here that does old school collections etc has a customer list made up of just first names and the address, this to me is pretty useless.

I actually insist on the customers full name, address post code and a mobile. This way in situations like you are in now you can text the entire customer list nice and quick and job done.

The only thing that concerns me about a slip through the door is you will get one or two ******* that will be 'oh well he's well enough to come out and put a note in the door why cant he do the windows whilst he's here?'

Whilst not off due to illness I am off as I unexpectedly sold my van earlier this week so am currently fitting out the new van I have lost a couple of days so I pinged off a text and simple, everyone hit me back, saying no bother, thanks for the update.

I strongly suggest when back on your feet you go see every customer and get a all their information, it will make your life easier in the long run.

I've been on holiday for over a week and am currently nearly 2 weeks behind. Didn't inform any of them and they've all been fine.

Maybe it's because I have said from the start I dont gurantee set days it's 4 weekly but sometimes I will be delayed due to weather etc.

If I were going to be more than a couple of weeks late I would text them all.

I doubt any of them will give 2 *****, it's when you are a couple of weeks late they will wonder where you are, you will get the odd old lady who will always expect you but I could assure you they aren't going to mind

I agree with Green Pro Clean. When I started doing this and was doing a bit of research, the biggest complaint people had was not price or quality of work but the fact they never knew when their window cleaner was due. The number of times I heard "He just seemed to come when he felt like it!". So now when I visit I leave a ticket with the price for today's job, my details and the date I'll be back next. Any problems either way we contact each other. Works most (not every) times.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I really can't see they will mind hugely just one week late BUT as mentioned by some. I agree that keeping in contact with your customers and updating them Is probably going to gain you some brownie points. Like you say @Cambride Cleaner the view some have on window cleaners is not great so anything we can do to show we are a professional business is going to help I'd of thought.

i agree withGreen here.

I send a text for all stating i am coming later than planned (my customers have a personal calender from me, with weeks they are due) customers love to be informed makes you look pro and that you care, i always get loads of text wishing me well when i have been sick, people will u.derstand as we all are human.

Thanks for all input,if feeling better this weekend I'll get done what can and that'll include the moaning brigade anyway.

Need to start getting all their numbers though, for future. Sounds worthwhile for things like this.

I have all my customers names, phone numbers and most of their facebook messenger details for those on facebook

However they are all of the understanding that i offer a monthly or 2 monthly service but may be later depending on weather etc

Just had 10 days in spain and told no one as they know i will be there asap

They understand if i am late as i usually run like clockwork

Back