Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water bill on a meter.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dan Paton

Hi. I thought I'd ask this after reading another thread that said someone was paying £150 per month to produce 1500- 1700 litres of pure a week. Seems dear to me but I wouldn't know. So my question is, how much water do you use and how much does it cost you?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use 2000/2500 litres every week ,I live in n.ireland and at the min we don't have a water bill persay but it's loaded into a rates bill which costs me 1500 a year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yorkshire Water is £2.92 per 1000 litres.......1000 litres gets me 400 litres pure....can earn a lot with 400 litres.

1600 litres per week over a month would be no more than £50

Last edited by a moderator:
I fill a 350L up every night. Waste at a guess is 50/50 so I'm using 700ish a day 4-5 days a week plus household water too and my last house was £60 a month. We've now moved to a different area and the water rates here are higher so I'm expecting about £75 a month when the first bill comes in. Not a lot for what it earns you in all honesty.

Including the wastage charge it's approx £4.50-£4.80

per 1000 litres last I checked quite a while ago now.

Works out around £80 per month for myself but that's also the household water as well in with that, i was paying £113 per month last year but was unaware of a mains water leak under the house! I just assumed I was using more water or the rates went up but when Anglian water knocked at the door and then wrote to me saying the bill would be going up to £220 per month (yes monthly not quarterly) we knew there was a problem!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back