Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stains on glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

philb

Just doing a 1st clean and a 1st floor window has white stains/runs (not sure if you can see them in the pics & think some are inside but some pods outside.

1st would you be expected to clean them off & 2nd if so how would you do it? Tried using my pole & nothing has gone. Got my ladders out but too high to reach still.

advice please?

05C9A05F-606C-4F8E-8492-91BE2E67C3F8.jpeg

08D16E15-E931-4BA6-A9E6-B161139C26E6.jpeg

CDA7078E-FB2F-4E4B-940E-99F6BE294518.jpeg

Hi Phillb

You said some white on the inside is that inbetween the glass pains if so the glass unit is blown and you can't do anything. If the glass unit is fine then.

Next question have u used any chemicals on the glass like ubik etc if you let that dry on the glass it can leave white runs the only way I know of to get those out is glass polish and you really got to work at it in to remove them auto glum sell one for car window screens that just make sure to keep the stuff off the brown frames because it could Mark them and you need alot of very clean cloths.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’ve used Vinegar in the past to remove hard water stains. Maybe soak some on a clothe and try scrubbing with your pole, let sit for 5-10 min then rinse. If that doesn’t get it, us the rubbing compound or paste previously mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I haven’t used anything on it other than pure water & pole but nothing changed.

i wondered about dipping my brush in hypo or tfr- would that help?

the vinegar or paste idea sounds interesting but would the customer expect you to go to those lengths?

i def think a lot was inside/blown pane but think there might have been some on the outside

Philb if it's a blown unit theirs not alot you can do just clean it like normal

if every other window looks perfect then jobs done on 1st cleans I make sure to really look at all the glass and point out any blown units before I start stating I can clean them but the white stains are inside the unit and I can't do anything about that and just say it would need replacing.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I haven’t used anything on it other than pure water & pole but nothing changed.

i wondered about dipping my brush in hypo or tfr- would that help?

the vinegar or paste idea sounds interesting but would the customer expect you to go to those lengths?

i def think a lot was inside/blown pane but think there might have been some on the outside
best bet have look from inside, then you'll know for sure

Straight off that white is inside the unit between each pane of glass, Don' use hypo on any  brown pvc frames these are white pvc frames wrapped in a vinyl type covering and you will damage that covering. 

Back